aaronmk2

speedline colour code

Does anyone know what the colour is of the original speedlines are looking to refurb my alloys and really wana stay.with the original colour or as close as possible been looking at different silvers across the vw range such as diamond silver and satin silver but would like to get the original colour if i could

Aaron

As far as I know, there isn't a clear answer.

From research, I've been told that the closest match is Mercedes Brilliant silver. I'm yet to test this theory but have heard this from half a dozen people now.

I took my speedo centre cap down to a local paint supplier and compared it to their wheel silver swatches. The best match was a Chrysler colour. "Chrysler Bright Silver". Code W5B (or could be WSB, the blokes writing on the tin is terrible)

It's a fairly standard / common colour apparently. Make sure you use wheel silver specifically. Regular metallic paint is too coarse and doesn't look right.

Here's a set I painted in November last year... the centre caps aren't painted, they're the standard speedline colour.

Img_0129.jpg

Img_0130.jpg

Thanks for the replys guys

Kev i actually googled some info and found a thread from 2005 and you had just had your speedlines powder coated from pristine i gota say they are very very special.can i ask where u had.your speedlines painted in that pic im in essex myself just wondered how local the painter is.

Aaron