Sign in to follow this  
corrado vr6

Im back, but need some advice

Evening all, hope your all well! Well after 3 years i might be returning back to the corrado! Its come about that i was randomly looking on autotrader and came across my old car corrado 2.0l 16v so i decided to go and see it and unfortunatley it would seem the guy i sold it to really didnt look after it so it was a shame to see it in a sorry state. However it got me thinking it would be nice to do it up and get it looking nice again if the money was right as i always regretted selling it and if it wasnt for me needing the money for insurance on my new car i would never have sold it!

Some background info on the car

188000 miles

1992 on a K

2.0l 16v

mot till 09 2011

no tax

when i had it i had the

Head gasket done new heater matrix new stero system worth a grand when new, new sigma alarm system with full closure, new exhaust manifold passenger door window mechanism was replaced with a 2nd hand unit, new expansion tank as the seal failed.

Now from memory most of the above are the common corrado faults which actually means when i sold it it was a mint valver and sold it for £1800 its now up for £1495 which i feel is a bit ambitious but offered a grand for a laugh to see what he would say he had to phone the seller as it is with them under SOR (sale or return) he came back that he would take a grand for it which surprised me to be honest which possibly has me worried, but from the impression i got from the guy at the garage he just want shot of it as its not something they want to be seen selling lol

Some things i havent mentioned is that i did notice it had an oil leak it only seemed to be coming from the sump plug so it could be something as simple as that but i would think if thats all it was they or he would have sorted that rather than selling a car with a some newspaper underneath, I couldnt feel any oil any higher unless it was dripping to that point so not 100% on this one not sure if theres any usual places they can leak from to check any help with this would be good, also the bodywork was a bit tatty but i can sort that as i can do spraying anyway so that doesnt worry me to much just a few dents one odd one in particular on the boot and rear quarter.

Now ive been thinking that if i did buy it i would be happier to spend £800 as i would be taking a risk with the oil leak and would have to spend some money to get it looking good, but knowing the history of the car and knowing the money spent on it previously i know theres a good car there. What im after is for your opinions as to wether im letting my heart rule my head is it worth a punt at £800 or from the above would that be to much for a valver, especially with the mileage is that overally high? near the end of the engines life not sure how far these cars go to be honest? Any help advice would be much appriciated especially if any ideas on the oil leak. Thanks Greg