Sign in to follow this  
imranp

acceleration and breaking

I have a 2.0 l 16 v rado 1993 it appears that my accelerator pedal seems to b sticking after a slight push and when you take your foot off it kicks back up. any ideas anyone?

also my breaks seem to be making a grinding noise when i first use them in the mornings it may be that the pads need a change i have a wilwood 4 pot setup. i dont need amazing stoping power any idea of a good pad to use?

thanks i advance.

This might sound daft but yave you had the lower dash trim off ? I had on mine and when I put it back on was slightly out of align so was catching the accelerator pedal mine got stuck hard down was a bit worrying when I was in a 50mph zone. easy to check before going deeper.

also my breaks seem to be making a grinding noise when i first use them in the mornings

could just be that they're sticking a bit and/or maybe binding for a bit before you've used them a few times each morning. also if its been very wet you could have surface rust forming quickly on the disc overnight thats just being rubbed off first thing.

thanks for the comments guys.

i havent had the lower dash off i thought that but its not the case any other ideas i was thinkin it could be a matter of repacing te pedal itself.

on a side note the breaks seem to be vibrating when applied. i was thinking replace the pads and see what happens but wilwood pads arent cheap ;)

any ideas would be appreciated also

ii have found out that the wilwood 4 pot calipers set up with 310mm brakes any one hve an idea where i can get replacement pads. if you havnt guessed im new to the world of corrados

Brakes sound like brake judder, could be just pads but normally disks for judder, you can check disk run out if you have a dti gauge.

For the accelerator pedal I'd just start by checking the obvious, take the lower trim off and have a look see if anythings catching, and butterfly in throttle body see if it moves freely, you could dis-connect throttle cable at both ends and see how free it is in the outer casing.

My throttle pedal would do that.

It turned out to be part of the cable catching on the tunnel through the fire wall.

Take the lower dash off and have a look by pressing the pedal down and watching the cable and you will see when it catchs. you can easly move/bend the arm that connets the cable and the pedal so it doesnt.

If its not that and you have floor mats chack they havnt ridden up to far and the lip of them is catching the bottom of the peddle

And the grinding noise is most probably down to surface rust on the discs

Hope that helps mate