Sign in to follow this  
badgerman

Causes of light steering at speed 1.8 16v

I noticed the other day my steering was feeling a bit odd, almost like I had I boot full of bricks making the nose feel light and vague. There was also a fair bit of body roll which wasn't there before and at one point I did wonder if I had a flat. So I took it to the garage and they replaced a knackered bush on the suspension arm.

Having collected it I went for a spin to enjoy what I hoped to be a rejuvenated car and at low speed the steering was more positive and a vast improvement. However at higher speeds it still feels like there is no weight on the front wheels and it feels quite unstable. Bad times.

Before I take it back to the garage for an all over check, has anyone had this with their C or give me any advice on things to go check myself.

To be honest I don't really know. I did a swop with Jackvine for my shonky G60 in November last year and I think he only had it for a few months. I haven't seen any receipts for shocks so I guess they could be boned. Is light front end a characteristic of this ailment?

I will give them a check tomorrow - I saw a thread earlier about identifying knackered top mounts!