Sign in to follow this  
emu

Golden parachute ?? Help needed

Don't even know if I used a right world, just taken it from dictionary.

Problem is that my girlfriend is loosing her job due to place where she's working is being closed in 3 months time. She didn't get any termination notice so far. She is working there almost 3 years part time.

The question is. Is she get any money "golden parachute" on end of her job. Friend of mine was in this same situation and he got 3 months wage when his work place was closed. She was in Citizen Advice Office and she was told that she will get 3 weeks wage on the end of her job. Her boss has many businesses and he's never there so she can't ask him but her manager doesn't know anything about that.

Is there anybody who can help or advice where to find any information ??

Thank You

I think one week per year is the basic entitlement and then they could pay her notice but it sounds like they still have time to tell her before they would need to do that. Your friend who got 3 months pay would either have been at his job for 12 years or had a generous redundancy payment. If the place is closing down though then they won't have any money to be generous I guess..

Redundancy payment. Thanks for the correct word. Now I can find all the information on directgov web site. Basically is how You saying 1 week for every 1 year of work in age between 22 and 41. Thanks for help.

Also note that it will be pro-rated to your % of full-time that you were working, so if she's worked 50% for three years it's 50% of three weeks' wages, and actually there's not even any obligation to pay your wages out at your normal salary, iirc there's a defined "salary" that the employer can use, they don't have to use your real one ..

also dependant on how her boss has his other businesses set up,that can be disregarded

btw she doesnt work in/at the food courts in the Bon Accord centre by any chance?,as from what I know if its them its down to the Centres having a refurbishment and no fault of the business who operate the food courts at present

Your employer can cap the amount they pay your gf at the statutory redundancy entitlement if they choose, which is £380. Here's a good little tool you can use http://www.direct.gov.uk/redundancy.dsb . This will calculate the minimum redundancy payment due, and the employer could obviously give more if they wanted.

Also you should be paid in full for any notice period in your contract, so the longer they hold out giving formal notice to terminate her job the better.

Your employer can cap the amount they pay your gf at the statutory redundancy entitlement if they choose, which is £380.

This is what I got when I was made redundant a couple of years ago. I walked away with 1 months wages in total - I had been working there for nearly 4 years :gag:

also dependant on how her boss has his other businesses set up,that can be disregarded

btw she doesnt work in/at the food courts in the Bon Accord centre by any chance?,as from what I know if its them its down to the Centres having a refurbishment and no fault of the business who operate the food courts at present

Yes, that the place. As far as I know the place will be full refurbished and will be there only one big restaurant instead of few small ones. so... after refurbishment she won't be able to continue her job as this place will have different owners and different management.