Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

Turbo kits

Has anyone had or have any experience of after market turbo kits for 1.8 16V Cs. I'm toying with the idea, but am struggling to find anyone who can do it. Also therefore have no idea what it would cost. What are the realistic advantages/disadvantages?

Turbo'ing cars brings up lots of advantages/disadvantages - it all depends on how much money you want to throw at the project.

Can do it very cheaply, low boost without an intercooler for £1200-1500 (with the people I know) or you could throw £4k at it and end up with something quite mental....

Best person I know is in Bluewater area - but thats about 2hrs 30mins from Bristol!

He is a god though - will just make up a manifold etc. on the spot and does anything you want....

Saying that, of course we have some masters on the board too.. pd-motorsport. Have a chat with Darren at http://www.pd-motorsport.co.uk and for being on here you'll get a 5% discount :D

Impossible peformance do turbo kits for the corrado's give them a try they're on the net I cant remember the address off hand but they get supplied by an american company called ATP they're address is http://www.8vturbo.com they'll have everything on there to do your conversion. there's also stealth racing available at http://www.stealthracing.co.uk they have the kit available for the corrado 16v as well. I have been there and done that I ve been toying with the idea of turbo'ing my G60 for a while and have phoned alot of companies but the ones mentioned above are the only places that have been able to give me any advice or prices to do the conversion. Good luck the basic kit from impossible performance costs £1900 and that will give you a 180bhp at the wheels there are bigger gains for the other stages they do as well all the way upto 400bhp they claim. I dont know how true this is. I had a chat with darren and john today at PD MOTORSPORT and they have a corrado 16v project car that has got the G60 charger on it and when it's finnished it will be pushing 350bhp which will munch those supercars to bits have a word with them also if you dont want the lag that you will get with a turbo conversion they are very helpfull and easy to talk to. Hope this helps and good luck!! :eggface:

thank you corradog60 we do try to help and give everyone the same service wether the spend £1 or £10k :wink:

thank you corradog60 we do try to help and give everyone the same service wether the spend £1 or £10k :wink:

No poblem mate I have nothing but praise for you and john now and will be treating my car to a few of your performance bit's I can see that you are very genuine and love the work that you both do. I will give you a call later in the week to sort out the collar for the air filter intake on the charger and the blanking off plate for the isv conversion that sounded awesome. Looking at my bank account I think I'll be able to load it up with one of your charge cooler systems as well but I'll discuss that with you later in the week. I caught up with terry with his eaton charged corrado on the way home and had a little play with him, I didn't have any problems keeping up with him even though the hole in my intercooler pipe was restricting boost to 2psi still good fun though, can you also thank john for the freebie intercooler pipe that was much appreciated. I ve been sitting out in the rain for the last couple of hours trying to fix my rear diffuser that I caught on that bl**dy brick at the corner of you road, still it's fine now and the scratches will be taken out when the rear bumper goes back to the bodyshop on sunday so non harm done.