onestep

Corrado track toy

Been meaning to do a sort of build thread for a while.

When i was back for a few days in the new year i stripped out the interior and all the glass ready for my weld in cage.

Car is now at my friends body shop having all the rust chop out arches rolled carbon roof fitted painted inside and out.

Here is a few pics before going to the body shop.

First pic was about 3 or 4 years ago when i started to take the old g60 motor out.

Second pic when i first got it back from having mapped with 1.9 20vt 334bhp

Third pic after the forum group buy. Now with 435bhp 416ft lb

Carbon bonnet straight forward enough. If you have any issues fitting the carbon roof I am happy to offer help, as my Corrado was the prototype for this modification and we experienced a few areas that required careful thought. Is your roof from Mike at Performance trim? Are you going for the completely stripped out interior, or are you going to introduce a basic level of trim? If you are intending the latter I have an OEM sunroofless headlining for Corrado. Either way these two carbon panels offer a fantastic weight saving. I am currently trying to secure manufacture of a carbon tailgate. 519ca4e9-d021-f6d7.jpg519ca4e9-d046-0e87.jpg519ca4e9-d085-6c5a.jpg519ca4e9-d0ef-6d3a.jpg

Yes the carbon parts are from mike.Im going for full strip just 2 seats and dash and i have the same seats as you.

Some advice would be great thanks.

I spoke to him about a tailgate as well we could do a deal with him maybe.

Quicky1980 not a chance sorry

Will have pics from the body shop next thursday

Very glad to hear I have found another campainer for the carbon tailgate. I have been on at Mike for this component for some time now, so another buyer will help us both. For my own part I want this tailgate soon as. As regards any tips on roof fitting you can contact me on 07974020031. I look forward to hearing from you and especially if we can get Mike to produce the tailgate.

Yes the carbon parts are from mike.Im going for full strip just 2 seats and dash and i have the same seats as you.

Some advice would be great thanks.

I spoke to him about a tailgate as well we could do a deal with him maybe.

Quicky1980 not a chance sorry

Will have pics from the body shop next thursday

No probs, worth a try.

I would be interested in the tailgate too, wouldnt want the wiper hole though...more details needed 16VG60!!

nice thread mate :D more pics as you go ..

how much was the bonnet if you dont mind me asking :norty:

If anyone is Reading this thread and is sincerely keen to source and buy a carbon fibre tailgate, bearing in mind this will be likely to cost at least as much as a full carbon fibre bonnet, then please don't start listing your names here and hijack this thread. Instead contact Mike at Performance Trim and state your interest. If Mike is made aware that a significant number of Corrado owners wish to purchase this item, and furthermore are keen to place a proper deposit down payment, then it will encourage him to put this component into production. I emphasise that this is not going to be a cheap product and even as a group buy it will put a good dent in your wallet. If we present Mike with 10 confirmed orders, supported by deposits, then I think he will proceed with production.

nice thread mate :D more pics as you go ..

how much was the bonnet if you dont mind me asking :norty:

I got mine second hand but new i think they are about £800

what cage did you go for onestep?

Custom cages CL4 with a few extra bars

looking 8) 8)

Thanks. Get to go and see it on thursday when im back in the country.

More pics thursday

Awesome work mate, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the CF roof cost? How much of a mission was it to fit?

Awesome work mate, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the CF roof cost? How much of a mission was it to fit?

I think it was £475 delivered.

It doesn't look to hard to fit it will be the last part to be fitted.

Cheers, i think its the same as the ones ive seen for sale, i do want for the future defo! So what was the car like to drive with 420 bhp lol.

Cheers, i think its the same as the ones ive seen for sale, i do want for the future defo! So what was the car like to drive with 420 bhp lol.

Its a performance trim roof.

Its not as bad as you might think with that much power going though the front wheels. It leaves most cars for dead in gear performance I had a guy in a R8 asking me why i kept leaving him for dead and what was under the bonnet.

Round the nurbergring i was hitting 170mph on the fast flowing part before chickening out.

Just got back from my holiday in oz. Went down the body shop to check progress and its all looking very nice in side all excess metal removed and unwanted studs.

Here are some pics.DSCF0381.jpgado