Sign in to follow this  
iceviolet

Good speakers without an amp - any?

Im wanting some good speakers that fit in the standard housings, I currently have some fusion 5.25" in the doors and some jbl ones in the back. To be honest the sound is a bit crap. thats running through an Alpine head unit.

However i have just got hold a head unit which i used to have a few years ago in another car and i loved it and think it will fit in well in the corrado. Its a Pioneer DEH-9000R

I know its a bit aged now but i think it will work well with the corrado styling.

So any advice on speakers would be great, i dont really want to put an amp in or sub, i like my boot space and dont want to cut up the shelf.

Cheers, Sam

You dont need to take up much space if you just get a 2channel amp to run some components up front..

If you're dead set on running off your headunit go for some pioneer components like these...http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-tsa131ci.html

You dont want to spend any more tbh as they'll just need more power to get to a decent sound level, the cheaper ones tend to have a higher sensitivity level and so are more suited to running off headunits.

Cheers for the reply, i will see what it sounds like with the new head unit in, i dont want it mega loud, just good sound quality.