Sign in to follow this  
Matt DDK

What to do with my storm?

Hi Everyone

Up until boxing day I had a superb condition totally original corrado storm auto in mystic blue.She had an almost unmarked exterior and the interior as good as the day she left the factory.

On boxing day I was driving along a main road with my boys in the back when I was hit by a guy who said " I thought I was on a main road" :cuckoo: I managed to see him approaching from my right hand side which gave me enough time to brake and almost come to a standstill before he hit the front of my car. The guy who works for the police force admitted total responsibility which was a good start.

My car was drivable so I drove home, it felt exactly the same as pre accident so I thought i'd take a closer the following morning when it was light, not being too worried.

In the morning I removed the loose trim and took her to my local body repairer for the insurance company to inspect.

Last week I had a phone call to describe the damage. Most of the front plastics will need replacing except for one of the headlamps and the spoiler, the drivers side wing can be repaired but would be better to replace, the bonnet and nearside wing are ok. The rad which was only replaced with a genuine one last year is in tact. The problem area is first 6 inches of the drivers side box section which has moved inboard towards the engine. Everything else is fine but this section will need cutting out and repairing as my repairer will not straighten this area of the car.

My problem is that my insurance company has given me 2 options.

Firstly they have given what I think is a satisfactory price to walk away from the car.

The second is to have this money less £1415 to take the car back and repair at my own leasure and it will not be catagorised .

The problem is that I need a car everyday and have 2 young boys to ferry around, I don't have time to fix her and need a car. I should take the money but I would hate for such a rare lovely car to be lost for ever and I would hate her to be taken for parts as It took me 3 years to find one in such good condition. My wife and lads were in tears when I said we won't be having her back.

Because of this does anyone know of anybody who would be willing to take her off my/the ins company hands and get her back on the road to save her being scrapped, I can buy her back for £1415 and would let her go for this or even slightly less if it means she can be saved. What would you guys do in my situation?

All electrics work inc heated seats spoiler and sunroof and she has just passed 100k miles. I have never posted pics on here before but I can email photos.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated on this.

Regards

Matt

Hi,

Had the same probblem back in Oct, but I was hit by a guy on a motor bike.

Insurance wanted to right it off but I couldn't do it and took the £1500 and had it fixed up myself and £600 out of pocket.

Andy

i saw pics of this when Matt got hold of it and then woked some of his magic on it too - absolutely stunning so i really hope a good outcome is reached. What are developments so far?

Unfortunately there will be one fewer storm auto from tomorrow when I call my insurance company to accept their offer. I hate to do it as my car was in such great totally original condition but I can't afford to refuse their offer so won't be getting her back on the road.

I see a sleepless night coming tonight as I loved her :(

Matt

:(