Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

A1 VR6's Gallery

Very nice Corrado, love the shinny cam cover, were did you get it from ?

There used to be a guy on here from Finland, can't remember his name now but he had 10 I think made in Germany. It was plain when I got it but I had some transfers made up to match the logos on the original cover then used the outlines to mask it then sandblasted them on.

always been my Favourite Corrado of all time Bill :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

you keeping well i take it? :salute:

Great to see a thread on the members gallery. Stunning car! you simply can't beat the RS 301 and Recaro formula to turn a great car into one of the very best. This car is among the handful of Corrados I truly love.

It is a truely superb Corrado.. no doubt about it. Right up there with Gareths for being a superb example of OEM+ ! :)

It is a truely superb Corrado.. no doubt about it. Right up there with Gareths for being a superb example of OEM+ ! :)

totally agree.

was lucky enough to see this car in the flesh and it really gave me a new definition of a clean car :salute:

totally agree.:salute:

seconded. Really superb, a real credit to you. Dont say its done 150k miles because i wont believe you!

Nice to hear from you Bill - are you doing any shows this years?

Hi Steve, hope to be. Unfortunately have been ill for almost 2 years now which has prevented me but hopefully I'm on the up and up now :D

any more details on the car, how long you`ve owned it, changes you`ve made ect

Hi, Andy isn't it? Ive been following progress on your car and it's looking great :clap:

Owned it for 11 years now, bought it with 30k and its now done 60k mostly due to it being a second car, full VW s/history except one and it's passed every MOT without needing any work.

A list of things I've done

RS301's with slim caps(Gareth(OSV's) old ones from when he sold his car to Ben)

H&R coilovers and Bonrath top mounts lowered 60mm rear and 45mm front

Refurb'd and black painted calipers with 280 Black Diamond grooved discs and Pagid fast road pads all round (but have got some refurb'd 288's to put on)

Goodridge hoses

Heated and electric Recaro fronts bought about 8 years ago and retrimmed by MJ Interiors

Polished inlet manifold (took me about a week to do with a flat sander and loads of wet and dry)

Custom s/steel engine cover, bonnet strut and alloy strut caps

Magnecor blue leads

Still on original exhaust but have got a full Magnex system for when it eventually goes

K&N 57i filter

AMD remap (made 209 bhp on rolling road)

Ice Install with Alpine amps and MB Quart speakers

VW guage pod

Dave's 16v's s/steel gear lever surround

Chrome internal door handles

Momo gear knob and steering wheel

Passat door sill strips

Touareg torch replacing cigarette lighter

Red pin striped rear lights

Clear side repeaters

Honda S2000 american spec stubby ariel

Black rear corrado and VW badges, VR6 badge removed

I've literally had to do no replacement of faulty parts due to all the common problems other than a leaking rear brake bias valve, 3 new batteries and a leaking rocker cover gasket and I have a number of new parts ready and waiting for when that day comes :D

I plan to get all the underneath parts powder coated at some point, having sourced things like a rear axle beam etc and I have kept all the original parts to make the car completely standard as I've never done any irreversible mods.I have also replaced the roof strips, sunroof seal, mirror gaskets, windscreen rubber seal and door striker pins to freshen things up. The car has been sorn'd between Oct and April for a number of years now and it's always garaged.

Here's a pic of the boot install I did, the amps are mounted on the inside of the box to the left of the sub.

Thanks for the feedback bill, its great you`ve owned it for 11 years and kept it in such amazing condition.. oem is the only way forward for long term happiness.. 8)

Hopefully will see it in the flesh this year...

andy :salute:

Nice idea...Got any interior pic showing this ? I am not too keen on the ciggy lighter and would replace it with a torch instead :D

Refurb'd and black painted calipers with 280 Black Diamond grooved discs and Pagid fast road pads all round (but have got some refurb'd 288's to put on)

If you decide to sell the original refurb calipers let me know...I ve already collected original VW brakes and pads just needs some original calipers as mine is in need of refurb.

cheers

Nice idea...Got any interior pic showing this ? I am not too keen on the ciggy lighter and would replace it with a torch instead :D

If you decide to sell the original refurb calipers let me know...I ve already collected original VW brakes and pads just needs some original calipers as mine is in need of refurb.

cheers[/quote:1jzgr1xp]

The torch just plugs into the lighter socket. youn can get them at any dealer or they are quite often on ebay. Believe the Audi one fits too and they aren't logo'd.

I would like to keep the calipers so that I can put the car back to standard if I ever sell it :D