volksworld13

Genuine vw corrado brake lines remanufactured updated prices (July 19)

Hi there, I am after an o/s/f brake pipe (abs pump to o/s/f flexi) for my '93 vr6... Could you pm me with payment details please

Will have to put you on standby for some pipes - my MOT is coming up and like Jon, mine were an advisory last year. I suspect the damp garage my car lives in won't have helped! Will let you know as soon as I know whether I need any :)

pm sent to somerset dubs!

jim what were you thinking a full set of lines or indivduals?

as i better start making some more up in my spare time lol?

Just to say that I have had a full set of these from Alex and the fit & finish of them is superb, just like from the factory.

The front drivers side is a bit of a pain to fot though :lol: as judiths swear box will confirm ;)

Top marks mate and make the job so much easier.

thanks paul, did any of the lines need a little tweak to get in, you can manipulate the lines abit even though they are shaped, or were they pretty much just screw both ends in and clip in.,i do remember the osf being fiddly on my storm.

Yeah i tweeked a couple of them but only slightly, i fitted all the lines to the abs unit as i didn't want brake fluid all over the nice new look subframe so the rears although just dangling from the unit haven't yet been connected but once the rear beam is done am sure they'll go straight on too :)

Really not looking forward to bleeding it up though lol!

ideal paul, they can be a bit fiddley, especially the osf. the template ppipes seem to be working ok , wat came of my storm! :)

Hi,

I'll be needing the ones that are on the rear beam soon (VR6) including the little one on the regulator. Could you send me price and postage costs etc please.

Chris

Big thanks to Alex for making a full set up awesome quality top bloke and great communication throughout

Cheers again

Jon

I think i may have a leak between the reservoir and the ABS unit, have you knocked up any of those yet ?

Sorry for being lazy just didnt want to read 14 pages.........

hi daleyboy. i dont have any templates to work from.and there has not been any demand.if you really need them.then perhaps we can bith get together and find a car breaking .and get them sent to me.so i can make them up for you.we can sort costs out afterwards.ect

hi daleyboy. i dont have any templates to work from.and there has not been any demand.if you really need them.then perhaps we can bith get together and find a car breaking .and get them sent to me.so i can make them up for you.we can sort costs out afterwards.ect

I think i'll pass thanks, just wondered if you had any knocking about, i used an ezebleed kit and i think the pressure is just too much for 19 year old rubber...........

I think i'll try to buy new, or take the old one off and have new bits of hose put on it they are only a few inches long each end.

hi fella im not sure w'ere on the same page.do you need steel brake lines or rubber brakes hoses.the hoses you can get from vw or a motor factors but all brake pipes are now obsolete.

Hi mate - sorry just saw your reply to me on a previous page. My original advisory was just for one brake line but if one needs doing I reckon I'll just get them all changed so they're done.. so would be after a full set.

I'm hoping to get my MOT booked for Saturday 14th so will know by then! :)

Cheers.

hi fella im not sure w'ere on the same page.do you need steel brake lines or rubber brakes hoses.the hoses you can get from vw or a motor factors but all brake pipes are now obsolete.

Yeah thats what i meant the rubber hose each end of the metal pipe which goes across the bulkhead (between reservoir and abs unit), i just thought you may of made these up, its got braided fabric over the rubber.

If you havent thats fine, i can look to get these from VW or like you say go to a motor factors.

hi daleyboy, yeah thats a vw item only i think, im not sure you will have much luck with a motor factors, im just remaking all solid steel lines, and can get flexis if you need them, .

hi jim ,just ley me know what you need for mot ect, and whatever lines you need making up, cheers

hi daleyboy, yeah thats a vw item only i think, im not sure you will have much luck with a motor factors, im just remaking all solid steel lines, and can get flexis if you need them, .

hi jim ,just ley me know what you need for mot ect, and whatever lines you need making up, cheers

Just a little update, i went to VW and the lines between the reservoir and the ABS are obsolete, that includes the rubber sections each end (the whole line including rubber hose are one part number) which i would have thought are the parts i could get from a motor factors. I found the lines on a French site of all things but they are 46e each line so will be just replacing the rubber parts.

However what i cant get are the grommets that are in the abs pump which the plastic elbows push into to complete the connection. So i could get the vacuum hose grommet (on the servo) and the ones between the reservoir onto master cylinder so hopefully one of those will fit the abs pump end.

As a side note the VW chap said that on Passats anyway the maximum pressure they use is 1 bar and i have been using 20psi which may have over stressed each end of those lines (rubber hose onto reservoir and the abs pump plastic elbow into rubber grommet.(where mine is leaking)

Please tell me if that doesn't make any sense......... :puppydogeyes:

Edited by daleyboy

yeah makes sense fella, i think 1 bar is 30psi though, the lines just good be weak/old starting to perish, try and find a vr6 on here breaking, and fit those, ive not heard many vr6 suffer from them leaking.

Bud are these the same for the mk3 golf??

i need to front pair

Edited by robo22sri

Fitted my 2 front to rear lines and front passenger line, fitting them was a pleasure, all went on perfectly.

Thanks again

yeah makes sense fella, i think 1 bar is 30psi though, the lines just good be weak/old starting to perish, try and find a vr6 on here breaking, and fit those, ive not heard many vr6 suffer from them leaking.

1 bar is 15psi, i took them off cleaned them and they are fine now, so panic over.