Sign in to follow this  
tman2714

Respray?

So I'm thinking of getting a respray.

The paint on my car is pretty bad, there are spots that need doing on pretty much every panel and various spots of rust.

The bonnet is the worst, the heat has made the paint matte in patches.

I reckon that by the time all the little bits have been done I may have well paid for a full respray.

I'm sure some of you guys have has resprays, I just want to know if you think its worth it and how much should I be paying?

Can anyone recommend anywhere around the west midlands/hertfordshire area?

Thanks in advance.

yep well worth it , i payed £2,400 , having said that they did it for pound notes , and worked on it at weekends and the evenings , so no vat on that either. my build thread shows what they did , alot of it back to bare metal , they even did the plastic arches in the black gunky stuff. that price included two new pillars from vw as well . the company did a fantastic job and alot of people have said what a great job they did . they are in bath though , still not a million miles from you .

Wow, they did a great job.

I'm hoping that mine wont need that much work, but i guess the only way to find out is to start talking to bodyshops.

one of the reasons it went back to bare metal was because it was blown over a few times ! they emailed me and said theres no way we are painting over that !

My neighbour come friend owns a body shop, he painted mine for me in at his leisure.

He probably had it for a month charged me 1k and did a great job!

My friend has just taken over a bodyshop in the midlands, he starts trading the middle of feb. PM me if you would like any details, i can pass your details onto him if you like.

Whitedog and A1 VR6 both sound like good options, I'm going to have to do some more research I think.

Thanks for the replies.