Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

Nice, would love to be able to drive it still but need to save a bit of money after all the money I have spent this year

Looks stunning Jake...

You had paintwork done? I recall the front end needing attention!

Thanks mate, No unfortunately not and yes it does need some serious front end attention. Its shocking. Although the photos hide it well

1 month into hibernation ad I really miss driving her. :(

Also started at looking into getting parts for the underside refurbishment. Over the next year going to get hold of brake lines (breaded and hard lines), rear beam to refurbish, front rad support and cross member (if I was quicker would of had the pair Dave was selling), got a set of 288 calipers that need cleaning up and fitting as well as getting hold of some decent rear brakes. Also going to strip the under side and clean up the underside. Rust treatment, a layer of strong paint and a good layer of under seal.

Cant wait to get my hands dirty next winter just need to start collecting parts. But need to clean the GF parents garage out to be able to fit her in and be able to work on her.

Also if money permits a low ration final drive too!

Edited by Swompy

But need to clean the GF parents garage out to be able to fit her in and be able to work on her.

Just to be clear, the car or girlfriend? ;-)

Car's looking good mate, I'm jealous...

HAha the car mate :p

Thanks :) Havnt seen your's in a while, still have a soft spot for the Ice grey's ;)

Know that sorn feeling only to well !, car is looking nice though , need to start collecting bits for my underside to .Its something i have said i will do for about two years now lol.

Thanks mate :) although Im starting to think it look ****. As I'm getting more and more into my detailing I am seeing more and more imperfections in the paint. I know its not going to be amazing because of the age but after finding this detailing thread on her I have found out her paint is way too thin to try and correct it!!!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=72309

79-90 microns think on the bonnet and that was 5 years ago, dread to think what its at now!

Need to start saving for paint, too.

The underside is one of those jobs that needs doing otherwise there wont be a car left if its not sorted!

Bizarre!! Those RH Cups in the photos on your 'rado are the ones now on mine!! Guy who sold me them used to own yours, evidently! :)

I can recomend a company not far from you if you dont have anyone in mind , for the paint job ,when you have saved some pennies !!.They did mine after hours and weekends and in between jobs , so the vat went out the window and they all got a bonus .Rob

Bizarre!! Those RH Cups in the photos on your 'rado are the ones now on mine!! Guy who sold me them used to own yours, evidently! :)

Wow small world

I can recomend a company not far from you if you dont have anyone in mind , for the paint job ,when you have saved some pennies !!.They did mine after hours and weekends and in between jobs , so the vat went out the window and they all got a bonus .Rob

YA havnt really thought about any places yet but will bear that in mind, cheers

Made a little sound clip yesterday, god I miss not hearing this all the time!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151109777831853&set=vb.516956852&typ e=2&theater

As a slight point the engine was up to temp before doing this. Just residue steam left in the exhaust system you can see coming out as the car hasnt been started for a month.

I wouldn't advice you polish it any further. When i owned it i did a relatively light paint correction on it rather then my usual full correction and the lacquer was dead thin afterwards according to my mates paint depth measuring thingy.

Respray time!

Ya Im not doing any more to it. When I polished it this year I only used a very light pad and paste. Yep need to start saving!

Well after going through the cars paper work last night I realised the MOT ran out in November so because of this I have decided she wont be back on the road for this year!!!

In stead when the weather starts getting better Im going to start the clean up I've been planning on doing for a while now. Including completly stripping the underside cleaning and resealing it. As well as all new lines (brakes fuel ect) plus clean up and powder coat the subframes, rear beam, cross member ect ect. And maybe see where else it takes me whilst my hands are dirty.

Will be a shame not to have her on the road for the 25th anniversary and a blast around Castle coomb. Will still be going to the event but not in the rado.

So watch this space :)

Shame bout not having it on the road , good luck with the underside , i promise myself every year im going to do it lol

Good and bad! Will give the opportunity to get a lot done, but a shame you won't be at the events in the Rado. Still coming to Coleford/Bristol/Berkeley? Won't be the same without ya! :(

Don't worry Andy ill still be there. I'm like a bad smell you can't get rid of me that easy :D

My daily estate has gone to its new home and been replaced with something equally as crazy as the car before and me :D

Its like marmite but I love it. nice little 1.4 16v and quite nippy too. Well kitted out as well, AC, sun roof and electric windows :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73430[/ATTACH]

:afro: