Sign in to follow this  
mjcp

Windscreen wipers

I have a problem with my windscreen wipers... (this may be why the Lupo wipers are a popular mod... I'm sure someone will answer)

On the driver's side on the downward stroke there is an area of wet left over, vertically, about level with the left of the steering wheel.

I have tried new blades, no use.

I have tried at speed (blade has a spoiler) but it's worse.

Any ideas? It's almost like the windscreen has a dip or a flat spot in it. (Its fine on the upward stroke).

Cheers,

mjcp

really need to do a search chap, plenty of info on this, essentially the springs in the old arms are weak and the arms have a ridge at the base to stop arm without blades attached whacking and cracking the screen, that prevents some wiper blades from making full contact all the time, a search will give you more info and solutions

What wiper blades have you tried ?...I replaced mine with original VW Quantum wiper bladed and they are fine..They are pretty cheap too from the dealers. Think it was around £12 all in for two front wipers.

bend the wiper arms abit

if you bend them far enough it does make the spring hold the arm to the screen with a bit more force, but it also looks shyte