Sign in to follow this  
dub87

please help

Hi guys, i have looked through the forum and can't really find an answer to my problem, :confused4:

i have bought a stereo for the car finally as im sick of no tunes on the way to work, anyway i thought yes finally a car that still has the standard wireing in so no problem, ive fitted so many stereos to cars even hard wired them in and no problem, but fitting a hu in the corrado ive had no luck, ive checked the wires with a multi metre and i have a good voltage from the perminante live the red a grey wire. i have nothing from the brown so the earth, what should the reading be or should it just be 0? the blue and grey i beleave is the ignition live has nothing coming from it, and the blue and white strip has a bout 4/5 volts when the ignition is of but when i turn the ignition on it has nothing?? so im stump i have no idea other then wireing up amps and speakers or hard wireing in a hu i have no idea about car electrics and id really love to fit my new stereo.

so please can someone help me with any idea,s or what to test or what wires go were in the car etc etc?? :D

cheers Dan

hiya matey

depending on whose been in there and what they have done before it might be easier to start again

having just removed and in the process of replacing 2 fuseboxes, there are some buchers about

I'd start again, easy enuff and if you've done it before even better :D

Dic

hi mate, well the only person who has been in it is the person who fitted the immobiliser, and as for the head unit wireing it is all standard, well now the power iso plug has been replaced with a new one by my self all done nicely as the power cables matched up with the headunit better so yea im not sure were else to go with it now??

cheers though i may have to ring an auto electrician and see what they saying first. inless anyone on here has the answer?