Sign in to follow this  
emu

VR6 stalls when cold

Had it since I bought a car, newer bother about it as done around 30 miles sine I bought it but now it will be my daily so its time to sort it out so....

Car starts fine from first key turn and right after stalls. If you accelerate a bit engine will be running without problems but if you take toy feet of accelerator it stalls again. Everything happens until engine worms up, when engine is worm there is no problems at all.

Where to start and what to replace, please ???

When you reconnect the battery the ecu needs to relearn it's basic settings, one of which is the idle. Have a look in the Knowledge Base there's a guide to the ECU reset procedure :)

When you reconnect the battery the ecu needs to relearn it's basic settings, one of which is the idle. Have a look in the Knowledge Base there's a guide to the ECU reset procedure :)

Had many Corrado's and many times batteries went off and never had this problem but worth look anyway.

Car starts fine from first key turn and right after stalls. If you accelerate a bit engine will be running without problems but if you take toy feet of accelerator it stalls again. Everything happens until engine worms up, when engine is worm there is no problems at all.

Where to start and what to replace, please ???

Clean the ISV.

Had this in the summer. Sorted the ISV and its gone.

I had this on my rado hopefully after the engine rebuild it will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have same problem got 20 16 v and use it daily ,just getting round to doing it to let me know if u find problem if I find out I'll let u know cheers m8

I have a vr and have exactly the same as this ain't a major problem but I start work early and getting paranoid about waking the neighbours

Bought a carb cleaner today and I'm going to fix the problem tomorrow, hopefully. Will let you know about results.

I have a vr and have exactly the same as this ain't a major problem but I start work early and getting paranoid about waking the neighbours

don't get paraniod, get louder and convert them to vr6's :clap:

isv cleaned today according with cleaning all intake system, throttle body cleaned, new k&n filter and looks like it help in 85%.. anyway we will see when I take car out of garage on the road on Tuesday or Wednesday. Car will be serviced and all sensors will be replaced on new ones, including new isv anyway asa I will sell my allroad.