Sign in to follow this  
AlgarveVR6

Fill My Hole

Yes, ideas to fill my holes please :confused4:

Have an early leather interior in my later VR6

have some tidying to do on it and need some suggestions on what to put in the holes

when I can afford it, they will be retrimmed entirely, but until then, suggestions please

holes sizes are as follows

(Width then height)

30mm x 45mm2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC04143_1024x682.jpg[/attachment:2uukh2ig]

60mm x 45mmDSC04144_1024x682.jpg[/attachment:2uukh2ig]

30mm diameter round one

If they arent bothering you and you plan to get the door cards retrimmed anyway, why not just leave them as they are for now. Sure they dont look brilliant, but it wont be for long will it?

But if you feel you must do something with them, why not try some little tweeters in the window switch holes? Not sure about the other.

By the way are the cards from a LHD car? i ask because im assuming the hole above the door handle in the last pic is the electric wing mirror switch hole, but appears to be on the passenger door?

What I did few years ago was

1) piece of leather cut to hole size

2)bigger piece of something, I've used leather as well as a bottom layer

3)liquid leather

Bigger piece of leather I've glue to inside part of leather trim which cover the hole but wasn't in correct level. Correct size of leather cut to hole size glued on top of first piece to give you a correct level of surface. Liquid leather to fill gaps. Sand liquid leather to correct level and then use matching color leather paint and job done. I had to repaint all leather interior as difference in colors was bit visible but it was cheaper than retrimming. Effect was amazing, there was no chance you could tell where the hole was before.

tweeter in top hole,10cm speaker in middle hole,form a nice line with orginal door pod speaker then replace orginal dash tweeter with 8cm speaker ,done this with mine ,looks well

By the way are the cards from a LHD car?

yes cards from an early lhd 16v from Paris. was my mums for a while.

tweeter in top hole,10cm speaker in middle hole,form a nice line with orginal door pod speaker then replace orginal dash tweeter with 8cm speaker ,done this with mine ,looks well

good idea.

ebay it is now then

Was hoping for some original answers aswell. was thinking along lines of clock? sat nav? water canons ?? you get the drift

i used a the leather repair kit from furnitureclinic,

i had an early interior going into my late corrado,

i glued the webing supplied with the kit to the back of the leather,

then cut a small piece of leather to fit the outside and glued it to the webing,

then fill with leather filler and sand until level and then apply the colour,

a lot of work if you intend to get them trimmed later on

but thats how i got past the problem,

a few pics for ya,

SDC11076.jpg

SDC11088.jpg

SDC11093.jpg

SDC11112.jpg

SDC11141.jpg

you would never know the holes were ever there.

thats a fab job dude. I presume the finished colour is a leather dye or something ?

I ahve a small issue with the handles too, as they were cut to fit the later type, so they will need to be trimmed, but thats not too expensive here.

Going to install a forward facing camera on, or in the bumber, because I use it mainly in Portugal and it's rhd, thought I would put monitor in door trim.

What do you think ?

Speakers for the other holes maybe, or something else