Sign in to follow this  
lion

More locking problems...

Having problems with an aftermarket central locking system previously fitted toy car, it should lock both doors, but only locks the passanger door, my handles are delocked and I don't have amy door pins to lock it manually, when I press unlock on the key fob it unlocks both doors, but only locks passanger one..

Also when I checked in boot the cental locking pump is missing, so I don't know what's going on with this thing

Im going to assume that since it is only locking the passenger door the aftermarket kit is using separate actuators in each of the doors. It works by pushing the locking rods instead of using the factory vacuum unit, hence why it might be missing.

(i might be wrong though)

Have you always had problems? Have you had the doorcards off before?

I've only had problems today, but cos the door pin rods are missin I dunno what to do, I've had the cards off when I swapped them with my leathers.. If I remove the card what should I be lookind at?

If I remove the card what should I be lookind at?

If you have an after market locking mech Who knows!!!

Take a picture and find the make and model of the locking mech and let us know

You'll be looking for something like this:

80174big.jpg

The VAG ones are white and have vacuum tubes attached to them (either white or orange) they will also have a black socket (with 4 cables/pins) attached to them which splits into a second wire (with 3 wires/pins), the aftermarket ones are usually black and have 2 or 5 cables (the master actuator has 5 cables and is usually in the drivers side whereas slave actuators only have 2 cables which you *should* find in the passengers side if you're running those)

The VAG pump is tucked right near the lock but there is a hole in the door where you can see the top of the pump; you will see a black clip attached to a metal rod directly underneath where the door pins would have been.

If its aftermarket it might still be in the same place though.

As Alex said, take some photos and post them on here!

Jason u the man lol , will look and take pics tomo, lucky I'm taking it to work tonight so it'll be safer there than at home, can't wait to sort out a Clifford in the near future

will let u know how it goes in the mornin

Haha, no prob, happy to help, just hopefully this is the issue and nothing too major. If the vacuum pipes are still there then you should be able to re fit the pumps but the likelihood however is that since your handles are delocked the previous owner had fitted the aftermarket kit to allow the car to be remotely locked/unlocked as the corrado didnt have remote central locking as VAG standard.

If you did refit the pumps then you could get the Clifford fitted to the car and use that system to control the VAG vacuum pump system, it can be a bit annoying but would work better with the Clifford alarm system (as you'd only need one keyfob to unlock/lock the car)

:lol: I love my rado, as soon as I put a post up about it's locking problem, I go out for a quick drive, and it's fixed itself :)

will still take door card off tomorow just so I can see how everything works back there