Sign in to follow this  
MickeyT

Pulling the window down!!

Can anyone tell me what part it is that pulls the window down when you press the down switch. The window gets pushed up ok by the runner but doesn't come down properly as there is nothing to physically pull it down. Just stays up in the seal while the mechanism comes down

On a different note can anyone help me out with a copy of the Bentley manual on CD

Cheers

You'll need to pull the door card off and inspect the horrors that lay within! Sounds like the the clamp that holds the glass to the runners has come off or something along those lines.

K

Thanks for the quck reply

Got the door card off at the mo. Well the glass sits in the bottom channel ok and the side channel ok but when the window is half down I can just pick the glass up right off the runners :o

Wheres this clamp then??

I can't remember what's in there....it's been a while! If I remember rightly, there's a metal channel which the glass sits in and little plastic rollers push up and lower the glass in a scissor fashion. You just need to observe what is happening as the scissor arms move up and down. If the glass is not held securely, there must be something silly causing it which you should be able to see?

Cheers Kev. The scissor framework goes up and down fine (I've sat there watching it for ages!!) It's just when the window is closed I then open it and the framework slides down but the glass stays up in the window seal and can fall at any moment :( As I've found out :shock:

Can't see anything that should hold the glass to the framework :?

MickeyT,

The glass should be glued on to the frame. You'll have to take it all out the door to do a proper job of bonding it back together, pretty straightforward but a bit fiddly,