ray_vr6

Rounded recessed headlight screw

I have just fitted an upgraded headlight loom the other day and also decided to fit some Osram Night Breaker Bulbs. I thought it would be easier to remove the headlights to change the bulbs (essential for offside?) and all the securing screws were well and truly rusted. I soaked them in penetrating spray overnight and next day got all of them out except the nearside recessed one (the one you have to access through an hole in slam panel) which was already partially rounded but my efforts have resulted in now being completely so!

Can anyone advise on how to remove the damaged screw?

PS the upgraded lights are so much better!

PPS Also replaced my weedy horn set up with a pair of Sebel magnum horns!

Had the same problem with one of mine. Ended up taking the battery out (to get better access) fitting a small hacksaw blade one side of the metal of the slam panel then fitting it to the junior hacksaw in position on the other side of the slam panel and after over an hour of Kip slowly sawing back and forth with about half and inch of movement he cut the screw.

There is (was) a thread with pics of the bit you need to access and where to fit the hacksaw but I don't know if you will be able to find it now!!!

I had the same issue, ended up drilling the screws out and in the process of removing the rear middle screw the plastic broke off that held the screw in. The problem is the bracket that holds the screw, its really weak and mine just fell off more or less. I will be making a new bracket at some point.

If the back of the headlight plastic is available seperately, they could be swapped over. Im not sure if there are?