northG60

Getting Car History

Hello all

i just went to my local Vindis dealer to get some history behind my car(service history ect) i had my passport,drivers licence ,car reg document everything and was told that they cannot give out any information due to the data protection act?

is there any other ways ? do the DVLA hold information ?

any input would be great

cheers guys

That's rubbish - it's your car and there is something called the Freedom of Information act!

That said VW changed from the old dialogue system recently and lost all the info of cars that are older than 2000 - rubbish!

Its total rubbish, i mean what can i possibly gain from knowing the car servis intervals ? Vindis really do take the ****, i always leave that dealership with a bitter taste in my mouth.

lol they didnt tell me they had lost everything so i guess they might have wanted to save face.

They can provide you with service history and what was changed. But not anything that would contain a previous owners address (e..g a reprint of a service reciept)

Maybe i caught the on a bad day but i just want some service history and any parts changed as you say, but they didnt seem to want to entertain the idea for a second, i'll have to go back in i guess. anyone else done this in order to get a better idea of their Rado?

I did, although my reasoning was to check none of the documents had been forged - I followed my car from original sale through two other garages that had serviced it.

In my case everyone was really helpful, so Good Luck