Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

G60's w/out chargers?

I keep seeing advertised on autotrader and the like, G60's that have no Chargers. Is this people trying to pull a shifty, or have they had chargers removed for some reason? If they've been removed, how much does it cost to get a charger put back on?

Thanks.

Quite a lot.....replacement G Laders must be getting scare now?

A G60 lump running 8.5:1 CR with no blower must be slower than a Golf 1.6 CL :?

Quite a lot.....replacement G Laders must be getting scare now?

A G60 lump running 8.5:1 CR with no blower must be slower than a Golf 1.6 CL :?

Yup, you'd be lucky to get half the standard 160bhp out of a NA-PG

I keep seeing advertised on autotrader and the like, G60's that have no Chargers. Is this people trying to pull a shifty, or have they had chargers removed for some reason? If they've been removed, how much does it cost to get a charger put back on?

Thanks.

cost is from 700 which i do them up to 1200 to what some companies sell a standart charger. Its a very crucial part in the G60 matter of fact is the most important part in the car, if maintained well these units are very reliable. Most chargers die due to improper air filtration by air filter and unservicing. The cog belts are the cause of blown chargers in 80% of cases, by servicing your charger and replacing the cog belt to a super wide one you have peace of mind on it.

When you say 700, is that just for the charger, or does that include fitting? Or is fitting one a Piece of p?

No 700 pounds is just for the charger, fitting is at extra cost.

rgds

A worn Intermiditary cog timing belt is not the primary cause of a charger blowing, the top shaft cartridge bearings throwing there grease, running dry and seizing are the primary contenders for blowing the top out of the units. 13m belts are stronger than the 8mm original ones, but any wider than this is a overkill.

A worn Intermiditary cog timing belt is not the primary cause of a charger blowing, the top shaft cartridge bearings throwing there grease, running dry and seizing are the primary contenders for blowing the top out of the units. .

Well I'll be. Learn something new everyday!

:mrgreen: Gavin

ok, so if I managed to get hold of a G60 that had no charger, for a decent price, how much in total would I be looking at to have one fitted?

Well I'll be. Learn something new everyday!

Interesting, as on the German forum recently there was just such a debate in reaction to some stupid magazine report where a G-Lader sefvicing company claimed, too, that the cogbelt (driving the secondary shaft) was the main reason for failure, and what's more that it needed changing every 10000 km (approx. 6000 miles), to which a storm of protest came up, as this is not necessary.

Anyway, just my ramblings ... :oops:

Tempest

If you already have the Rado without a charger you might as welkl go ahead and turbo it

if you make a custom kit for about 1000 US dollars, not sure what that is in pounds, http://www.vwturbo.com will suit you well, you need the downpipe and manifold.... a simple garret t3 oil cooled turbo, find them easy they are one of the most common turbos, buy yourself some random assorted mandral bent pipe and intercooler that fits and its mostly plug and chuig from there....basically the turbo is a lot more relaible then the charger and with the charger removed you can use the fox altenator and waterpump and crank pullies with one belt... this give you a lot better rev, and later if you want ro make your rado beefy you jsut change the head and throw oon a bigger turbo and nothing will catch you I promise you that.... this is a cheap way to do a turbo swap, very effective :D Its how i did mine