Sign in to follow this  
G60- gin

Advice please

Haven't had my G-60 for very long and have learnt alot from this forum. Having read some of the posts I am now a little concerned about my car!

The car had a Jabbasport stage 4 supercharger with a small pulley fitted 3000 miles ago and my question is should it have different injectors ? "Red tops" have been mentioned can someone explain that to me?

The car goes like stink, the exhaust pops a bit though should I expect that as it is de-catted and has a custom exhaust on it?

I would be grateful if someone could put my mind at rest as I dont want to damage my car as I have become very fond of it!

G.

Red tops are injectors with a higher flow rate than the standard injector. They're called red tops for the simple reason that the tops are red... ;) Standard Corrado G60 injectors are green.

How small is your new pulley, and do you know if the ECU chip was changed at the same time?

er, not sure about pulley size, the guy just said small. The ECU was uprated and it has a Jabba induction kit on it.

The injectors are green so maybe I should go for red?

G

Haven't had my G-60 for very long and have learnt alot from this forum. Having read some of the posts I am now a little concerned about my car!

The car had a Jabbasport stage 4 supercharger with a small pulley fitted 3000 miles ago and my question is should it have different injectors ? "Red tops" have been mentioned can someone explain that to me?

The car goes like stink, the exhaust pops a bit though should I expect that as it is de-catted and has a custom exhaust on it?

I would be grateful if someone could put my mind at rest as I dont want to damage my car as I have become very fond of it!

G.

hello there if i were you for peace of mind id get the car to somewhere with a wideband lambda and get them to run it to see what the fueling is up to. this will let you know wether your lean anywhere in the rev range..

Whats your peak boost??

If you make over 16psi then it'll be time for something bigger. Also at high boost the fuelling lag becomes more critical.

Wasn't Redtop in Snatch? Ah...no it was Bricktop thinking about it!

Ignore me....G60 queries often make me think of movie and pop trivia for some strange reason.....must be losing it :lol:

Wasn't Redtop in Snatch? Ah...no it was Bricktop thinking about it!

Ignore me....G60 queries often make me think of movie and pop trivia for some strange reason.....must be losing it :lol:

kev > do ya like dags.... :lol: