holeinmk1

Recommend me some decent speakers!

Hi my corrado never had speakers in when i bought it, which did'nt bother me at first, but now i would like to fit some.

I won't be fitting an amp, i did have excellent JBL gto's 4x6 left over from my mk1 days, but they don't fit in the parcel shelf supports(magnets to big, was tempted to butcher the supports but decided not to)

Not after going mega loud, just want something with a decent sound. Also my headunit is getting on a bit, its a JVC. So if anyone can recommend a decent headunit that is inkeeping with interior that would be good to.

I was tempted to buy a VW heidelberg vi tape deck, as fitted to some vw models of the time, and send it off to be rebuilt with the addition of an external aux for an mp3, and maybe digital radio if the cost was'nt prohibitive, but they are proving quite hard to track down...

Cheers, Tom

I wouldn't even bother with rear speakers unless you have passengers in the back often or you even care if they have sound back there. I would spend the money on good speakers for the dash and doors. If you aren't going to use a amplifier than you need speakers that are efficient and don't require much power. Pay attention to the nominal power rating on the speakers you buy. As far as speakers go a lot depends on your budget. Hertz are nice. Also Focal. Alpine makes decent speakers that don't cost that much.

Most component speakers require a amplifier so you should stick with coaxial speakers.