bjork

door pod speakers

Hi guys.

Got some 5.25" speakers to go in the door pod type thing. From the search I've found out the door card needs to come off. Question is, how do you fit them? I'm guessing you need to remove the actual door tray/pod to get them in?

It's an early spec c with original door tray, not audioscape etc. It currently has 4" in there which previous owner just fit straight through the pod hole without removing door card by look if it.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers in advance.

Might be too late to help. But you don't need to remove the door pocket from the door cards IIRC. Its been awhile since I did the early style cards. Worst case you do remove them by removing the screws and some are hidden under the foam insulation. IIRC there are 4 Phillip screws.

Remove the factory amplifiers that have the speakers mounted in them by undoing the nuts that hold them to the pocket. The new speakers should fit onto the plastic stand offs that the OE amplifiers were mounted to. Use the same nuts to fasten the speakers down.