Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

removed my boost return

well in search of lower oil temps(not got a proper oil cooler yet i removed the boost return. it took all of around 15 minutes to do. Thanks to darren for the swift response on the blanking plate.

not really much noisier than before as it was already pretty loud but its now taken on the jet plane type sound.

for those without all you need to fit is

2 x 18mm breather filters (20 quid delivered from needforspeed)

1x Gwerks charger blanking plate kit.

1x 2inch piece of hose pipe to join filter to isv. oil breather fits straight on.

Dan i've had this mod done and there are some pic's in my members gallery, i did notice a performance increase probaly cause charger is running colder :)

Its not so much a performance increase, more of a performance "retainer" as the charger, ic, hoses dont get soaked with the heated re-circ boost. Also the oil doesnt dilute the octane during combustion so you'll be less likely to pink which would mean that the ecu wont need to retard as much.

If you're worried about the oil as a lubricant, then get some lube spray off Pitstop/G-Werks.

:)

What's the chome thing circled?? Part of the K&N??

Also you said 2 x 18mm breather filters (20 quid delivered from needforspeed) - where is the 2nd one?

Dan that was GazzaG60 who started this thread as you can see im only using one filter i'd like to know myself about the second one :? the chrome thing is a check valve or a one way valve wot ever you want to call it :)

I was down at G-Werks on Saturday. Met Darren & had a health check done. I have to say I was properly impressed & Ive booked mine in to have the boost return pipe removed (Amoung other things :D ) on Thursday. I cant wait! 8)

That's ok happens to us all at some point and it is monday :roll: as for valve got mine from jabba cost me £45 but other place's sell them too.

yeah G60 russ Darren is a top bloke, alot of people seem to be going for this mod now i think Darren is going to be busy :!:

:D

So your looking at approx::

£20 for a small K&N

£20 for the blanking plate

& £45 for the one way valve

More to add to the shopping list :wink:

The one way valve - is it a std sort of part? If I just rang Jabba & asked for a one way valve, would they know what I'm on about?? or is there a specific P/N should be asking for?

Thanks for the help :thumbleft:

Don't worry jabba will know what your on about, but you don't need it you can just fit the k&n straight onto the ISV so that's £45 less, i had mine before boost return was removed :)

ill take some pics. i know i always say this but ill try and be true to the word.

the 1st filter is on the breather on the rocker cover n the second on the end of the isv.

need for spped do green filters and a cheaper alternative. i went with the cheaper ones.

performance wise about the same. like bilal said its makes performance last for longer rather than better. the 65mm makes the charger get a bit warm. oil temps are still around the same.

ill dig the camera out and take some pics. ill get some of the frontmount,slimfan,ubend etc too.

Thanks Gaz

Do you have the PN or a link to where they are on the NFS site?? I still can't find them :oops:

:D

So your looking at approx::

£20 for a small K&N

£20 for the blanking plate

& £45 for the one way valve

More to add to the shopping list :wink:

The one way valve - is it a std sort of part? If I just rang Jabba & asked for a one way valve, would they know what I'm on about?? or is there a specific P/N should be asking for?

Thanks for the help :thumbleft:

what you will need for the g-unit boost return is :

blanking plate £10.00

k&n breather filter £20.00

length of 3/4 hose £6.00

jubilee clip 80p

and a catch tank of some discription. ( :lol: "g-master knows the score.)

i can supply this separate or as a kit for £38 deliver'd and with a tempory catch tank thrown in for free.... :lol:

sounds great darren! Will call you shortly

So what's the deal with this one way valve? Should I have one or not? Why is it good to have one?

The one way valve is what it says it only lets air in one way and stops air going back out, i think the main reason to fit them is to stop any boost leaks from the ISV there's no performance gain just maybe peace of mind :wink:

think im right in saying you only need one if youre idle stabilisation valve (isv) is leaky......not sure how you tell if its leaky though so im not being much help im afraid!

sorry the second filter is for the rocker oil breather. i have no catch can.

i got the filters from

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/

£7 each around 20 quide all in delivered for 2

plate from darren-cheers mate

hose pipe piece for isv-cut off hose pipe. looked for metal to join. my mate is a plumber but had no pipe that size so..and anyway the green hosepipe is spot on for the join.

total was 30 quid.

no oily crap as of yet from the filter on the rocker cover. isv one is atached to end of hose just hanging down.

Thanks all

Kit ordered from G-werks. I'll have the one way valve on as well in a few months

Cheers 8)