Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

removed my boost return

Cheers Stu, I've got mine coming now, so might as well wait a few days., but thanks all the same :mrgreen:

I will have to come over & see your car soon. how's that going??

I would like thoughs strut braces done soonish if your mate is free some time. After pay day would be good :wink: I'll have to ask Chris if he wants his done 2. Think he was going to see how mine came out 1st :roll:

When you remove the boost return, where does the boost which previously entered the charger discharge to? :?:

*mod edit - Please don't SHOUT your posts - Decapped for you - Henny*

Darren you throwing in catch tanks aswell :lol: :wink:

only the special ones like i fitted on yours.... :lol:

i have a question .................

is there any advantage or disadvantage to adding another inlet to the G-Ladder instead of blocking it off?

in an ideal world we would be doing this but there just aint enough room to do it properly on a raddo.

adding another charger style airfilter will improve the flow but i gather there are problems mounting the 2nd air filter as to do it properly you need to lower the radiator on custom brackets - suspect it would be pretty noisy with the induction roar as well

Darren where's the long pipe go? and does it make it quieter?

long pipe goes to a catch tank or out of the engine bay...if no catch tank used. " i do recomend a tank though as i like to do my bit for green peace... :lol: "

Its a secret! It's not actually a catch can but a filter off an air compressor. The thing inside the bottle is a filter which traps dirt in the oil allowing the oil to collect in the bottle. There's a brass screw in the bottom so oil can be drained off. The black top can also be unscrewed and has 1/8" threads on either side (which I've attached a couple of plumbing fittings). It looks like the real thing and works superbly and for the tenth of the price of a normal catch can. You can buy them from machine mart. Mine is a Clarke CMF 1 mini filter (£9.99 +VAT).

What are you guys fitting to the underside of the throttle body where the boost return originally fitted? I was thinking a small filter, just to prevent any crap from getting up into the TB

What are you guys fitting to the underside of the throttle body where the boost return originally fitted? I was thinking a small filter, just to prevent any crap from getting up into the TB

scot how u mate... the bottom of the t/b blows mate never sucks so there is no chance of anything getting up there... also it has been know to blow the filters off there as they cant flow enough air though them ... leave it open mate youll be fine..

it's a peice of cake, :lol: once the return pipe is removed and the blanking plate in, either have a catch tank put in or dump it straight to ground, :roll: (not nice but will save a few quid.!) to try and quieten the whole opperation a bit , i went down to a local hover spares place and bought an old hover hose, attached it to the boost return and tied it to the rear brake pipes, so it dumps the boost to under the car, much quieter than having it blowing continuously against the bulk head. 8) i have got pic's, but i can''t get them on forum, dame blast :mad:

Hi,

So i have a BBM ISV re-route kit fitted to mine at mo. so does that mean all i need is a blanking plate and a oil catch tank ?

If so where can i get these things ?, how much ?, Etc....

Cheers

Me again, Just thinking does the blanking plate for the charger have to be made of steel.... :?:

because i have loads of high impact ABS plastic laying around, could i make a blanking plate out of that ?

or is there a HELL of lot of stress on it ?

plastic probably will work but 3mm ally is so easy to cut and drill, plus it looks right on the charger. i went to the volks show at sandown last week end, and bought a small air filter, about 5" long 3.5" in dia with a 2" inlet. an this will fit perfectly off the 2nd inlet and fits snuggly under the collant return hose. it only cost £8, i'm just gettinng a new plate made up and and the tube on, should be ready by next no rice, i'll show it off. 8) i now have pictures of the boost return tube under the car, i just need to e-mail them to some one to put on here for me, as my computer wont let me :cry: any takers..

yeah baby, sorted it, about time to, :oops: had my camera set to take the picture in massive mode, D'oh, :oops: the hose is the original with a section of hoover hose which terminates under the car,

Got this mod done today to my G60 with help from Struan - job well done considering how hungover we were.

Really happy with it - tidys up the engine bay a bit too. Sounds much better as well :twisted:

Made a makeshift catch tank from an evian bottle :D