spanneredmonkey

mods needed to fit 9J

I have had a look on search for this but no avail..

I have my eye on a set of dished 9j et15 16" rims that have come off a mk2 golf gti, what would i need to do to make these fit rub free? my rado is lowered approx 30mm , i figure rolling the arches is a must? any advice?

Rolling the arches and stretched tyres. It'll look stupid with a 30mm drop. Double that and then some and it'll look ok, closer to 100mm is the sweet spot. Won't be the greatest of drives anymore though lol.

I run 9j's with 215 40 16's. I've had all 4 arches rolled but apparently you only really need the rears done on a late shape. If it's an early shape you may have some problems with the front arches and if it's a vr you WILL have problems with the front wheels due to it being widetrack but it is more than possible.

if youve got a vr6, 9j et15 is abit more work to fit right so rolled arches and a small flare wont hurt on the front, and tyres that stretch well like falken 912 but i know on 9j et25 it helps to have a bit of camber to get them under the arches comfortably

Edited by jakegti

falkens are getting harder to get hold of. the current batch must be running low!

check out my build thread and see what ive had to do to get 9j on the rear! im running 205/40 on the rear and 195/45 on the front ( fronts being 7.5j)