Sign in to follow this  
Brando

Lowering my 2l 16v

After these posts I kind of get the feeling (pass as to why) I need to lower my C.

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7920

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/forum_post ... 12994&PN=1

I posted a while back about the bielstein springs and dampers kit and I know there are millions of posts to search for on coil overs and also kits. But........ could do with having it all in one post :) and would appreciate ur guys inputs as to what I can do.

Current thoughts are to go with the kit and lower the C 30mms, with new springs dampers and top mounts, any idea on cost of doing this would be appreciated too!

I am also pretty sure my mounts need doing as well, can anyone give me a tediously painful breakdown in what would be involved and what I can do myself and what they would advice a garage to do??

Cheers,

Olly :)

the cost depends on your budget and what kit your going for,whether you want uprated struts or coilovers,,your looking at at least £600 for coilovers but there are some cheaper sets out there,check out venoms website

I don't really want coil overs, just a 30mm drop with uprated bilstien springs and dampers then stock vw mounts all round(as they seem to have lasted well!!!!)