dkingvr6

Aux water pump on VR6 where to buy? if its gone

Been reading through the definitive cooling guide, as i have been running too cool lately, fixed by a proper stat rather than the low temp one, anyway this is my third VR and just happened to notice the aux water pump isnt running on ign on. Also have not had the fan running on after switching off, even when fan is running and switch off it cuts the fan off, is that correct? Did the check in the cooling guide with the yellow temp connector (i.e. bridged wires) and got fan to come on but not the water pump, it mentions a diode in the controller also possibly at fault, is this easy to change? Will have everything apart tomorrow morn to check voltage supply to pump, and if it is the pump is it a VW only part? Hope not at £120+

Any one know if the Ford part off the Galaxy is the same and maybe cheaper??

Cheers Dan

For your Info I bought a new VAG aux pump couple of weeks back af £118 but haggled 10% off, got it for £106. Still hurt my pocket.

I don't know if they still stock them, but I bought one a few years back from GSF and It was the genuine Bosch pump