knight5651

Black headlining

Hi, I'm after a black headlining. It must have the hole for a sunroof.

If it makes a difference its an electric sunroof from an early model.

Thanks Alex

VW didn't put a black headlining into production on the Corrado. Black fabric, contact adhesive and about an hours work should see you right though.

VW didn't put a black headlining into production on the Corrado. Black fabric, contact adhesive and about an hours work should see you right though.

Been thinking of doing this my self coz I don't think vw could have chose a worse colour! Iv got good contact adhesive but do u think spray mount would be any good?? Thanks pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh... feel kind of stupid now lol. I've only had my corrado for a week so forgive my ignorance. Saw a pic of one with black headlining so it must have been a custom job.

I have a very good headlining ready to ship, if anyone wants to try making a black headlining.

Call it £15 plus postage. Would have to find out a courior price. My mate sent a lining recently, so shouldn't be a problem guys.

Oh... feel kind of stupid now lol. I've only had my corrado for a week so forgive my ignorance. Saw a pic of one with black headlining so it must have been a custom job.

Don't worry about it, like you said there are a few custom jobs out there so it's easy to be caught out.

I wouldn't use spray mount as it's low tack and loses it's adhesive properties over time. Contact adhesive is the stuff you want. Material wise, find a low weight nylon material, as if you use material too heavy, it will start to sag.

I painted my lining with good results on my old nugget yellow corrado.

I painted mine with plasti kote aerosol from homebase, waited for it to dry and brushed it over, it came out pretty well, you can now buy simply spray fabric paint now which is fairly cheap at £5 a can.

A couple of pics

before

attachment.php?attachmentid=3756&d=1296920226

after

attachment.php?attachmentid=3757&d=1296920226