coullstar

Whats required to be replaced during respray?

What is required to be replaced when doing a respray on a Corrado i.e. what trim pieces are usually broken when disassembling?

Im assuming a glass out respray.

- windscreen - hard to remove without cracking it

- side quarter glasses - be very careful not to cut rubbers when cutting them out because of angle how the cutting wire is sliding

- front door outside glass bottom rubber (scraper) - do not U bend it when removing as you not put it back

- if you like to remove boot lid its a pain to take all the loom of it as there is very tide, did it once an took me good few hours and swears

- rear number plate surround - almost not possible to remove it without cracking the clips

Except that don't remember anything else what cause me problems and my car was stripped to bare shell and all panels were repainted separately.

Edited by emu

I thought James had it resprayed just before he sold it!? I thought he'd also replaced all the rubber bits too.

Plastic clips are less likely to break if they are inclipped in warm weather or heated gently with a hairdryer, paint stripper type heat gun - easy does it though or a kettle of boiling water.

Cold plastic is brittle. HTH someone :o)