Roadie-Brad

Corrado hood or bonnet release cable snapped

HI hope some one can help

I've got a Corrado 94 VR6 and the hood or bonnet release cable has snapped.

i have manged to release the grill.

so was able to get hold of the cable and open the near side.

but i'm still unable to see any way of opening the off side?

i have tried getting a hook between the light and the bonnet but cant seam to get on to anything that feels right?

will i need to smash the light? ( i don't want to )

thanks

so to release the nearside you pulled the cable by hand the other side you need to push the bar open towards the wing

Well guess what, cars almost done and went to start. Flat battery. Pulled the bonnet release handle and it went slack. Grrrr. Both bonnet sides are down and it looks like the trumpet has come off. Now ive got aircon and an oil cooler so even less space at the front. Any suggestions?? Checked the wiki but cant see anything feom underneath especially the passenger side. I'll try the drivers side again...might be able to get this side open..

Jacked up the drivers side but couldn't really see anything. Just moved the underguard panel out of the way but do i also need to remove anything else?

Tips appreciated as the car needs to run now!

Could someone please post some pics of the bonnet torsion rod on the slam panel ideally with the rad grille removed with bith the bonnet up and down.

Many thanks

Could someone please post some pics of the bonnet torsion rod on the slam panel ideally with the rad grille removed with bith the bonnet up and down.

Many thanks

I'll p/m you some pics in a little while, probably not wise to post them up in a public forum.

I can't see any easy way to access the rods though.. there's just a lot of things in the way

I'll p/m you some pics in a little while, probably not wise to post them up in a public forum.

I can't see any easy way to access the rods though.. there's just a lot of things in the way

Many thanks for the pics - very useful.

Jacked up both sides individually, and in my car there is absolutely no way to access from underneath. Various plates hoses and other areas obstruct access. In fact you cant even see what you're doing.

Managed to open the passenger side one with a lot of swearing, cut knuckles and about 2 hours work and i'll have a go with the drivers side one this evening. Too much sunlight means you cant see anything in that very dark area of the car.

You could try using an old metal coat hanger, or something, and bend a hook on the end of it. Then it's just a matter of luck, trying to hook it onto the bit the trumpet pulls against.

Managed to open the d/s this evening too. Its amazing what a few choice expletives can do!

My cable had snapped just where it leaves the cable sheath on the d/s hence why it just pulled through from the cabin. I'll be putting a tandem cable in instead which should hopefully last longer.

Managed to break one of the headlight mounting arms.but I'll try and repair this either by plastic welding or gorilla glue..

Many thanks to everyone who sent me some photos (via pm and whatsapp)