kits550

My 'rado VR

Hi guys, newbie to the forum so here's a few quick pics of my VR. I think I'd spent about 6-7hours in total getting those rims that shiny in the second pic! Scrub up well though me thinks.

Car is mostly standard 180k M reg. Haven't really done anything to her in the 3 years I've owned her, just trying to keep her going and replacing the odd bit here and there.

Amazingly was RR'd with 180bhp showing just after I took ownership. Probably done less than 6k miles since then!

Would love to do some bits but with two kids and a Mk1 G60, well, the VR is a little down the pecking order I'm afraid.

[ATTACH]45093[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]45092[/ATTACH]

Cheers guys. Yeah she's not too bad, few bumps and scrapes, mostly front bumper but aside from that, and needing a good wash now and again, she looks alright. Been umming and ahhing about doing something a little different with the wheels, in respect to colour, but need to sort the current 'niggles', putting it politely. All in good time I'm sure.

Looks very tidy indeed!

In your opinion, is a RR result of ~180bhp amazingly good or bad?

180bhp, standard with 180k miles on the clock, I thought that was alright! What are they meant to be standard?

Cheers Cazza. Just checked the print out and it was 180bhp and 167lbft. So bit down but overall, given the mileage, I still dont think it's too bad.

Not too bad. Have you had it VAGCOM'd? Might be worth seeing if there are any faults. Maybe a damn good service (inc fuel filter) would do the trick?

Yeah, nothing to worry about :) I just asked about your comment as to whether it was a good or bad result because with more mileage it's not unusual for some to make a fair bit more - knocking on for 200bhp. But it all depends on the RR as well. If it drives well, don't give it another thought!