quicky1980

Carbon/Glass Fibre Boots

I recently spoke to Performance trim and they mentioned they could do a carbon fibre or fibre glass or even a mix boot/rear version of the boot/rear hatch

* "Fully carbon' option will be £670 inc. vat. (gloss carbon outer and inner frame).

* "'Standard carbon" option will be £505.

* Fibreglass option will be £280.

To get a firm price we need at least 10 people. Performance trim website http://www.performance-trim.com/

List of members interested

1. Me - Fibre Glass (No Deposit Made yet)

2. C488ADO

3. bobsinclare

4. 16VG60 - Full Carbon (Deposit Made)

5. 3corsameal

6. aaronmk2

7. onestep - Full Carbon (No Deposit Made yet)

8. big ben - Fibre Glass

9. blue95

10. ?

No longer interested

8vMatt

coullstar

The number plate plinth will be a separate item like the original. Carbon plinths may be made available as an extra at a later date, but there's no weight saving there.

No wiper hole or bracket system

The original spoiler mechanisms will fit as standard, as design may be created for fixed-spoiler brackets to save all the weight of those mechanicals

12 weeks lead time until we see the corrado moulds being finished after all deposits have been taken. Once moulds are done, they can make 2-3 parts per week - in the order in which deposits are placed.

To get the group-buy rolling, a minimum total order of 10 parts, at least 5 need to be carbon. This helps us cover our initial tooling costs. We can take a minimum 50% deposit on the order, The remaining 50% plus p&p can be paid when the part is ready.

Edited by quicky1980

im interested!

so what your saying is a complete rear boor assembly si i could fit rear glass and spoiler mech etc etc

I'd have to say I'm interested. I can't see a group buy for them coming around too often. Would like to see and read more details about them but the idea sounds spot on. Hope the buy wouldn't be for a while as its not viable at the moment.

shaun two things, firstly the first post states a rough price will be similar to the bonnets they do already(£300-£700). secondly this is to test the water, once I have 10 people interested Ill call them back and get them to do a better quote.

Once the quote is back Ill contact all those interested to let them know and see if they still want to go for it.

Are you showing an interest Shaun?...

wasnt being arsey mate was just interested in the price, sorry if it came across that way. I wud love both bonnet and tailgate if they were reasonable,just seems a big void between 300 and 700 thanks shaun ...

no probs, just hard to judge on forums.

£300 for fibre glass, £700 for full carbon and mid way for a hybrid....but these are just rough ideas

Once we have 10 showing interest Ill get a price and details sorted. What kind of things are you wanting to know Matt?

Wondering what the weight saving would be?

Could there be a choice with having or not having the rear wiper?

well the weight saving on the bonnet is 10kg. I would guesse that the boots can save more, if you decide to use plexi glass instead they weight saving would be much more.

Im sure they can do without the wiper hole as they have the option on the bonnets to have or not have washer jet holes. I dont want the wiper hole either.

I have been talking to Mike for over a year now about getting him to produce a carbon tailgate, Indeed I spoke to him only just recently on this matter. I am very encouraged to have found this thread, and am happy to add my name to your number. I want a full carbon tailgate just as soon as can be done. Could I ask the person driving this proposal forward to please contact me to discuss details? Look forward to hearing from you.07974020031

can't you just pretend 10 people are interested an get a price, i don't see how us leaving a name here will affect the way they come up with a price

i'll put my name down if its £300, but don't want my name down if its £700.

Will they be able to quote knowing that? :lol:

Good speaking to you John "16VG60", lets hope this group buy works out.

3corsameal, I'm not prepared to waste anyone's time, if I have 10 people showing an honest interest then I can ask for a correct quote and ask any questions that pop up on this thread at the same time.

This thread is currently in the group buy feelers. Once a group buy is starting to take shape Ill get it transferred to "group buys" and include the prices etc

I've included you 3corsameal as an interested party.

Thank you for calling me back yesterday Sam, it was appreciated and an opportunity to have a proper discussion. I do sincerely hope that from the number of folks on this forum we can muster 10 owners who can visualise the benifits of this modification, particularly if done in conjunction with a carbon bonnet and roof, which are both available from the same supplier. For my own part i have allready fitted the carbon bonnet and roof panel, and am wanting to complete the project with the tailgate. The Corrado is so often left out in the cold when it comes to dedicated performance bespoke parts in favour of the greater production numbers of Golf, here is an opportunity to make significant improvement to your Corrado without shipping parts from the States and taking a gamble on quality and couriers diligence to handling care. Performance Trim produce extremely high quality product, that has been properly moulded from OEM panels. Mike takes great pride in producing components that will serve their function well, compliment the vehicle to which they are fitted, and give long service life. So if you are running a track day monster, fast road daily or show car these carbon components have got to be on your list, so come on folks let's make this group buy happen.

I must admit, if I hadn't recently bought a house I would have been interested in one of these (especially as I already have the carbon bonnet). As John says these are a must really if you want to make your car into something special. Mikes carbon work is excellent, so come on folks roll up...

a bit interested.. two things though..

wiper hole blank.. would this still have the raised flat section of standard boot or be flush all the way through?

boot plinth.. how would this attach? would there be the option or not having to refit it? I hate that plinth!

Baz

good question about the wiper hole, I'll confirm but would think we could have it removed if that was the majority vote. I wouldn't want it, after all the idea is to keep weight down so binning the wiper motor helps a little.

I would suspect that the boot would allow for the standard plinth to be fitted like normal. Why wouldn't you want to fit it? IMO it wouldn't look that great without.

I'm compiling all the questions, and ask them once I have the required ten people to show Performance trim that we arent just messing around. Plus I dont want to be doing too much back and forth conversations, Im busy enough as it is.

Did you want putting down on the list bristolbaron?

I'd like to put my interest down, but money is tight and the rado has many things needing to be done, so this depends on final price and timescales.

I would suspect that the boot would allow for the standard plinth to be fitted like normal. Why wouldn't you want to fit it? IMO it wouldn't look that great without.

I'm compiling all the questions, and ask them once I have the required ten people to show Performance trim that we arent just messing around. Plus I dont want to be doing too much back and forth conversations, Im busy enough as it is.

Thinking of the boot plinth, you say about it being refitted but what about the CF being shaped the same as a plinth would look on the boot? Reduces another add on, onto the CF. Think it could look OE but subtlely different and smoother. Just a thought.