holeinmk1

Central locking dead?

Hi, i had to replace my drivers door recently, and to remove the door i had to cut one of the plugs on the central locking loom inside the door. Once i had got the new door on i started putting everything back together, in doing so 1 of the 4 exposed wires touched another and set the central locking pump which switched on for about 5-10 seconds and then stopped(or died?)

I put everything back where it was meant to be and connected all the wires i had earlier cut back correctly, i have checked the pump and can't get any life out of it? also checked the fuses, although if someone could tell what number fuse it is, i think my fuse cover is from a passat as it lists a carburettor!

Has my locking pump died? Only asking as i will be getting a new alarm system soon and don't want to be told its something its not by the installer.

Cheers, Tom

not 100% sure but i seem to remember there being something said on here about the wiring being slightly different on some pumps.

worth a search to see what it brings up, or maybe somebody with a better memory than me can point you in the right direction.

edit: or are you using the original pump?

There is an early and late pump !

IIRC four different part numbers, There is a guy on e-bay that reconditions them, quick turnaround and very reasonable.If you could borrow a pump to try,it would answer a few questions.

Also there are a couple of fuses actually right above the fusebox itself and that usually blows so maybe worth checking those first, you'll see it if you stick your head low into the footwell and look up (with the fuse tray shelf removed)

Ah, i will have a look at the other fuses, the ones i checked were fine, but could'nt see any more. i had a golf mk3 pump (which i assume is the same as a later C?) but the wiring connection was different, not to mention the pump itself was different(VDO I believe?).

Will check and see how i get on.

Cheers!