M15 VW

Sell or Break ???

I for one hope you can sell it..........hate to see a perfectly good car being broken........BUT i do understand the reason you'd be considering it as sadly they seem more valuable in bits:(

It is sad that our cars appear to be worth more in parts than as a usuable machine.

If you can hang on to sell the car then it should sell eventually, its seems very fairly priced, its just a question of finding the right buyer.

But if you have the time/facilities and inclination to break it then you should see roughly the same money in your pocket but for a shed load of effort and inconvenience.

It depends how desperate you are to get shot of it.

I`m trying to sell mine at the moment to but as i have another car to jump straight in when it does go I`m in no real rush which does mean that i`m not thinking about breaking it,

The MOT ends may and the tax June and im no longer insured on it so its just sitting on the drive doing nothing. I dont want to have to renew the mot and tax.

We also dont have the space for it.

It might be an idea to get a quote for the bodywork and mention the approximate cost in the ad. It may put people off that there is an unknown cost.

I think that most potential buyer is afraid of short mot time. if you could get new mot on it it should go much quicker. If you decide to break I will take the cams or full head and full aircon set up.

I would have whole car but can't afford it :(

If the bodyshop wasnt taking forever I would put it in for a respray but it would be in there for months which I cant afford to do.

I could get a quote but the bodyshop owner owes us a few favours so it isnt a realistic price for someone else to do so.

Of course I would make more breaking it aswell. I dont particularly want to spend the time doing so but if thats the only way I will start getting money for it then so be it. I dont want to have to re mot and tax it and I am no longer insured on it to do so.

Emu-was it you who mentioned wanting the leather aswell?

So who would be interested in parts?

No, just need aircon and cams from your car if you break it

I've been so close from buying it, but when I thought how much work I put in my one I just can't do it again to build one car from two.

Edited by emu

It really would be a shame to break it... it looks like it has bfax a lot of work done to it mechanically. Unfortunately test driving for anyone who is interested may be tricky with No insurance. Most DOC cover usually needs the other car to also be insured by the owner.

yes I know. It drives really well, lovely and smooth and of course a bit of grunt when you want it to.

Unfortunately we just dont have the space for it.

Good luck with the (provisional) sale, it would be a shame to see a car that's had so much time & effort put in just broken up.

I'm only a week or so into breaking mine and I already wouldn't do it again!

lol we have broken many cars in the past so it's not that bad for us

Good luck with the (provisional) sale, it would be a shame to see a car that's had so much time & effort put in just broken up.

thanks