The_Dude

F1 Fanstasy League 2011

Can someone tell me ow i change my choices??? cant seem to find the option

Log in and click Fantasy Game. There is then a button that says edit by your team.

Just joined the league as Scuderia Schwebe G.P. Hope I'm not too late and can catch you guys up!

Edited by nlau1

Just joined the league as Scuderia Schwebe G.P. Hope I'm not too late and can catch you guys up!

edit...I can't see you on the table yet as you have no points but there are now 15 members so I'm assuming that's your team.

Last year new joiners started with the same score as the bottom team in the table, so hopefully its the same this year and it shouldn't be too bad for you!

Edited by The_Dude

Anybody else think the coverage is much much better without Eddie Jordan this weekend? More professional and streamlined program

Anybody else think the coverage is much much better without Eddie Jordan this weekend? More professional and streamlined program

Yeah really liking it. Brundle and Coulthard did well today.

Really enjoyable race, with plenty of action! Best race of the season so far!

Yeah really liking it. Brundle and Coulthard did well today.

Really enjoyable race, with plenty of action! Best race of the season so far!

Definitely the best race in a long time. I reckon they got the DRS call just about right this week. I thought there was far too much overtaking in Malaysia and felt really artificial, but this week there was some proper overtaking and a really close finish.

If Ferrari and Mercedes GP can pick up the pace a bit in Europe it'll be an immense championship battle this year. (Having said that, Red Bull's KERS will give them another step up when they get it working. Imagine Webber today with KERS?!)

Edited by nlau1

In my opinion, i reckon KERS could be RBs achilles heel. Ive read that Adrian Newey hates KERS as it messes the balance of the car up, even went on to say they'd rather get rid of the KERS in the RB and replace it with equivalent amount of ballast just so they can put the ballast where they want to help balance the car.

I loved the fact that even after all this time Martin Brundle was clearly genuinely excited to be watching and commentating on the race. It was a very good race, bit disappointed with Jenson but wow Mark Webber seriously impressed. The icing on the cake today would have been if he'd have had enough time to get past Vettel.

In my opinion, i reckon KERS could be RBs achilles heel. Ive read that Adrian Newey hates KERS as it messes the balance of the car up, even went on to say they'd rather get rid of the KERS in the RB and replace it with equivalent amount of ballast just so they can put the ballast where they want to help balance the car.

Newey designed the car in pre-season without taking KERS into too much consideration, instead concentrating on packaging the rear of the car as tightly as possible for aero efficiency. RB therefor have to just shove the KERS system wherever they can, hence the overheating issues they've been having whereas a slightly more considered approach like the McLaren strikes a fine balance between aero and KERS.

It must be so frustrating for Vettel and Webber to have the fastest/best car on the grid with a dodgy KERS system, that at best works 50% of the time. Having said that, Mark Webber without KERS was at times 3 sec a lap faster than the rest of the field when he was on options on his last stint!

SamG40, would loved the race to have gone for an extra 2 or 3 laps for Webber to get past Vettel!

ill 3rd that about webber gettin past vettel that would have been sweet icing on the cake

i only caught the last 15 laps but it has to be said it was some of the best racing ive seen in ages (in the dry) and well hamilton just drove amazing in my opinion, yeah it is a shame jenson wasnt 2nd tho

good race tho

looking forward to the next race which i carnt realy say i ever thought last season

Newey designed the car in pre-season without taking KERS into too much consideration, instead concentrating on packaging the rear of the car as tightly as possible for aero efficiency. RB therefor have to just shove the KERS system wherever they can, hence the overheating issues they've been having whereas a slightly more considered approach like the McLaren strikes a fine balance between aero and KERS.

It must be so frustrating for Vettel and Webber to have the fastest/best car on the grid with a dodgy KERS system, that at best works 50% of the time. Having said that, Mark Webber without KERS was at times 3 sec a lap faster than the rest of the field when he was on options on his last stint!

SamG40, would loved the race to have gone for an extra 2 or 3 laps for Webber to get past Vettel!

Which strengthens what i said above then :D

Though RB are no where near as far ahead of everyone else as they were last year. Which is good. The question is how far ahead will they be later on in the season. Mclaren could well be even stevens or be further ahead. Then you've got to consider Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari.

This should be another good season! :D

That was a fricken awesome race! So much overtaking and tyre tactics. I would have laughed if Webber had overtaken Vettel, considering they were on such wildly different strategies and starting positions! I'm still trying to wrap my head around starting 18th and finishing 3rd with 4 pitstops as opposed to Vettel who started in pole, finished second and had 2 pitstops. I guess it all came down to who had the freshest sets of tyres, and that would obviously be Webber.

Anyway, the table.

Click to embiggen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46307[/ATTACH]

That was a fricken awesome race! So much overtaking and tyre tactics. I would have laughed if Webber had overtaken Vettel, considering they were on such wildly different strategies and starting positions! I'm still trying to wrap my head around starting 18th and finishing 3rd with 4 pitstops as opposed to Vettel who started in pole, finished second and had 2 pitstops. I guess it all came down to who had the freshest sets of tyres, and that would obviously be Webber.

Anyway, the table.

Click to embiggen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46307[/ATTACH]

The tyres are so different from the Bridgestone era. For the last 10 or so years the tyres would degrade up to a point then stablelize, meaning you could stay out on an older set of tyres and try to hang on until it was time to stop on your strategy. It also meant that you could wait until your oponent in front pitted then put in a couple of quick laps and leap frog them in the pits.

Now the way the Pirelli tyres seem to work is that they are best when brand new and start to decline after the first lap. And once they are finished then you'd know about it! No hanging on for an extra couple of laps. So its impossible to leap frog in the pits the old way. Now it seems its better to pit earlier than your oponent and get on the fresher tyres a lap or two earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing all the teams running 3 or even 4 stop sprint strategies rather than the old style 1 or 2 stop endurance strategies of Bridgestone/Michelin years.

Yeah, I still look at it, in 3rd chasing down second place.

Don't come on here at all much any more which is why the title was out of date.