Majik

Is this dealer taking the p*ss

My cousin bought a Mazda Rx8 last year in a private sale the previous owner had it from new and had only ever taken it to Mazda main dealers in Surrey.

So a few weeks of ownership the battery went flat and it was purchased from mazda 1.5 years ago, so he decides to give the battery to Mazda whilst fitting new suspension parts and other stuff in his garage, that was back in October 2010 the dealership took the battery in and said it would need to be tested and replaced and if he bought a new battery from them they would refund the money once they confirmed the battery was faulty he didnt take them up on their offer so he totally had no battery. A few weeks went by and he enquired and they said they still haven't got the equipment to check battery then again same thing in December and no news since so i've told him to make a complaint to Mazda Head Office and see what they can do about the situation or forget it and buy another battery from Halfords, apparently Rx8 go through quite a few batteries and starters.

Edited by Majik

Dealer should have a battery heavy discharge tester, TBH most would just swap one for you no-questions-asked based on how old it was and your description of the problem with it, seems like someone just can't be bothered, I thought Mazda had a pretty good rep generally with customer service?

just an update he rang Mazda UK and told them the situation, they got on to the dealer already to resolve the problem!