Swompy

Removing rust?

Not shore if this is for the Exterior or interior threads but here it goes.

I noticed I have a bit of rust coming thought on the inside of the boot, where the rear corrado badge is. You cant tell from the out side but on the inside you can see it.

What would be the best way of sorting this out as its in a difficult place to get to?

Edited by Swompy

Pics of the area in question

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45303[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45304[/ATTACH]

Remove as much as you can with a wire brush, then treat what is left with this stuff http://www.bilthamber.com/pro-introduction.php?cname=Corrosion%20Removal&name=deox-Gel It's much better than Krust that you can buy in halfords. then coat it with something like this http://www.bilthamber.com/pro-introduction.php?cname=Corrosion%20Prevention&name=electrox

They had a kit on there a while ago when I ordered mine which cam with some de greaser (great for cleaning the engine) the rust remover and a rust proof paint for about £25 but I cant see it on there anymore.

I ve seen this on the Frost website...http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9253&frostProductName=Black POR-Starter Kit

This starter kit allows you to try out the 3-step rust stopping system. Includes Marine Clean, Metal Ready and POR-15 paint together with 2 brushes and latex gloves.

Te POR-15 Starter Kit contains:

- 1x Marine Clean (236ml)

- 1x Metal Ready (236ml)

- 1x POR15 Rust Preventive Paint (118ml)

- 2 wooden handle paint brushes

- a pair of high dexterity surgical latex gloves

Edited by VWVW

i've just today dealt with some rust in a similar area due to what I think is a leaking sunroof pipe, maybe try and see cause so you don't have to revisit it again once sorted.

i've been using the krust stuff and hammerite rust prrof primer with good results so far btw.

Krust and Hammerite are pretty crap to be honest. Used the bilthamber de-ox gel in the past and its really good. Ive also used the Por-15 and again its good stuff.

That's the kit I got, It works very well, paint the gel on about 2 mm thick leave it for 30-60mins then wire brush the black crusd left behind under the gel off

I got the kit through today and the size of the bottles you get for £30 is preaty good. Will keep you up dated with the results

hope it all goes well, but keep an eye on it after you've had a go. its a nasty area to try to get sorted if it gets worse so dont be afraid to resort to a bodyshop if it needs it.

Thanks mate, it does look a tricky spot to sort out but will give it a go on the weekend

Ya I think it orginiated from where holes for the "Corrado" badge fits onto the back of the car.