Ricardo da force

How reliable is your corrado

This again :lol:

And I also agree with Monkey VR6. Why come onto a forum with 100s of 1000s of posts and aks such an obvious question in the first place, and then move onto the predictable "G60 versus VR6". QUOTE]

Is it an obvious question? I used to sell cars, but ask any mechanic in the garage and they thought the cars they worked on were rotten. Customers however didn't (well most of them).

Reason for the mechanics view is easy - they spend all day in work fixing them. To them it's only ever looks like they are broken!

So on the forum, it's a fair point to say that a huge percentage of posts are 'devoted' to broken or poorly Corrados! Actually getting a good overall view is not easy. Not many people simply post to say ' Corrado going well and here's what I'm loving right now'!

Granted, I've not seen the question asked a lot, but new people are always joining and their new perspective is always good. I'm sure out Corrado's are less/more reliable 1/2/5 years on! :)

Is it an obvious question?

I personally think it is, yeah. Maybe it's just me, but I've been frequenting car forums for 15+ years and I always 'swat up' a little first before starting to ask questions. Don't forget also that the more established members with the most knowledge tend to ignore repetetive questions. Everyone tires of repeating themselves eventually. It's what the search is for.

By all means walk into Currys and ask what is best, a Bosch Dishwasher or a Miele Dishwasher, it's what they're paid to know and do all day long. Customers don't have 100,000+ customer opinions to look through before asking, and even if they did, would they bother reading them? No, they wouldn't and it's the same with forums these days. People can't be arsed to use the search and research and answer their own questions, like people used to have to do when the internet didn't exist.

Sorry, not trying to sound grumpy but if people want to buy a car, is it such a bad thing to do a little research on it first? And pretty much any question I can almost guarantee is answerable by the search. I just got the impression the OP was more interested in sparking off yet another VR vs G60 debate, which all car forums loathe.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

No problem,

For the record did a search on reliability and it didn't come up with all that much so thought I would get a few peoples opinions.

Didn't realise the G60/VR6 question was such a contentious one! I am genuinely considering either.

If you did a search on "reliability" and it didn't come up with much then that's your answer right there fella :D