Sign in to follow this  
iandavidcassidy

Wheel noise Arhhhh

I put my C (vr6) into a garage to get the wheel bearing done on the front left. Picking the car up i saw they were doing the RIGHT hand side!!! They said they testdrove it but when i drove home the noise was no different.

Sounds like scraping and wherrring (worse on breaking).

i complained and the garage are fitting the other side tommorow for free - but they said i also need front disks and pads (warped).

do you think the disks could cause the noise as well?

Also they guy offered me a good deal on Red-Dot performance disc and pads XJ-20 grooved. Do you think £200 is a good price

ended up being £60 for first one (the wronng one) then £30 for the other today. How much did you pay?

Maybe i am paranoid but the noise is only a little better, no more whirring, but still rumble. how noisey should the road noise from the tyres be? are c's very quiet inside the cabin in comparison to most cars?

The bearings i got for £40 + vat each. fitted in a garage owned by a bloke i know in london, he has a press. had a hard time getting the left side apart cos everythin was seised together. a big hammer was needed.

the noise was allot better after. i still get quite allot of tyre noise but less of the werring rumbling sound.

there was another post somewhere about tyre noise, some seem to be louder than others. ive only ever had yoko's on mine so i dont really know