rishi

vr6 knocking noise from passenger front

hi everyone, i changed my front brake discs and pads today ( used EBC red stuff) the new pads came with a sensor plug on it, old ones didnt have one so i chopped the wires off. anyway, i took calipers off took carriers off swapped discs pushed caliper piston back and put the new pads in. all bolted back together pressed brake few times and all was ok. when i droe the car after about 5 miles there was a knocking noise from the front passenger wheel. i parked up at home puzzled. then i took it round the block to see if it was still there, it seemed worse, now i am thinking if i tightened the carrier bolts up enough. any ideas what it could be?

You are on the right tack, if it is directly related to your recent works. Do a full and thorough bolt check. Sounds like a loose component, be it a callipers or wheel etc. Also check the pads are fitted correctly, and the callipers tensioning spring wire is fitted correctly.