Swompy

What a Joke

I saw this Blackberry rado on ebay that is very close to me at a breakers yard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-RED-/110663097170?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c408db52

So to be nosy yet again I popped over today to have a look. At the yard they have it priced at £1500. It has no MOT, Tax or Log book.

After a good old look all over the car and hearing the engine run this car is not worth £1500. There is rust all over it, dents, chains need doing, Doesn't idle well and hard to start, as well as tones of other things that need doing on it. So probably worth £800 or £1000 at absolute most.

I decided to have a chat with the guys there who tried ball ****ting me about how much of a classic it is and its in really good condition for its year and wont find many in that condition. I think they nearly had a heart attack when I offered them £800 for it.

There reply was yet again you wont find a corrado that well price for that good condition, So I told them to come and have a walk with me to the car park and look at a £2000 Corrado. For some reason the refused to do so :shrug:

O well so just a word of warning to every one, this car is only fit for breaking unfortunately and isn't worth any where near as much as they are asking for it.

Only good thing about it was it had BBS rims and heated leather seats

A joke indeed. I sold my 1996 VR6 with a poorly engine (which turned out to be crank bearings) for £1600 so £1500 for a car with no MOT or history is indeed a joke.

I saw this Blackberry rado on ebay that is very close to me at a breakers yard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-RED-/110663097170?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19c408db52

So to be nosy yet again I popped over today to have a look. At the yard they have it priced at £1500. It has no MOT, Tax or Log book.

After a good old look all over the car and hearing the engine run this car is not worth £1500. There is rust all over it, dents, chains need doing, Doesn't idle well and hard to start, as well as tones of other things that need doing on it. So probably worth £800 or £1000 at absolute most.

I decided to have a chat with the guys there who tried ball ****ting me about how much of a classic it is and its in really good condition for its year and wont find many in that condition. I think they nearly had a heart attack when I offered them £800 for it.

There reply was yet again you wont find a corrado that well price for that good condition, So I told them to come and have a walk with me to the car park and look at a £2000 Corrado. For some reason the refused to do so :shrug:

O well so just a word of warning to every one, this car is only fit for breaking unfortunately and isn't worth any where near as much as they are asking for it.

Only good thing about it was it had BBS rims and heated leather seats

Especially when I picked mine up for a lot less, yeah it needs work and no leather but at least I knew what I was getting into..

not sure the wheels are even bbs, look like lenso's to me.

does the fat bloke in the blue t-shirt come with the car??

Quite. And when a semi-famous Corrado like mine (ok, ok, you never heard of me. Just don't say it) went for £1600

(my Corrado is the most-viewed car profile on Pistonheads by a huge margin, not least because it is linked to by my Corrado website, which is linked to by Wikipedia)

They are BBS's as its stamped onto the rim.

I think im going to make a offer on the ebay auction just to give them another low offer to see what happens.

I think we should all make offers of less than 500 quid, that looks like a bit of a nail, worn out leather and a trailer load of trim spares at best, doesn't look like anything's been changed under the bonnet since it was made, which at 160K is bad in my book. 'No major mechanical faults', what a sales pitch :lol:

Might go take a look at it one night. I'll tell them its worth 500 - they might give you a call in a week!

yep unfortunatly its only fit for spares.

Do it .Rich.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Not on ebay any more for some strange reason