okcid

G60 conversion into golf - what throttle cable?

As above guys.

Is there a difference between the Corrado g60 and Golf g60/rallye in terms of length?

Mine is a bit stretched in the golf and had to put a cable tie round it sideways as wasn't getting full throttle previously.

Turns out the previous owner/s may have done the same as it now has 3 cable ties extending it, lol!

Thanks

Adam

you tried looking on euro car parts? they tell you the length of cable but if its anything like handbrake cable there will be different lengths avaible on there

No I haven't yet, guess I was hoping someone would have had the same issue and know, lol.

The cars in my garage but miles from where I'm currently living so don't get much time to go there.

Looking to get the car up and running for summer and I want to change the throttle cable for peace of mind :)

I might have to take a trip to the car and remove the old one then and measure it. I'm guessing it will probably be the same as the 1.8 8v gti or maybe a few models wil share the same cable?

If anyone else does no it would be great for your feedback.

Thanks for ya message mattyattitude.

Same as a corrado g60 im pretty certain. Mines about 5 months old ;)

Ring vw parts to double check.

The tps bloke told me its the same cable as the 16v too, never double checked on this but i dont think he would have any reason to make it up.

He aint the sharpest tool in the box though.

lol, good stuff thanks mate.

Been out sourcing bits and bobs today and will be doing some more tomorrow so will try and get one.

Going to do a service tomorrow as don't want to put the charger on until the oils nice and fresh :)

Lots left to do but looking forward to getting it all up and running for summer

Thanks rustynuts (thanks not something i've said before, lol) will do.

What set up are you running? Engine spec, rad, intercooler etc?

Have a look at my Sig for engine spec, eventually I want to drop a big valve head on it. The front mount intercooler is a Merc sprinter job, rally u bend then I have used silicon hoses. The only custom piece I needed was to get a steel pipe reducer made to connect up to the g60 golf plastic paperwork I bought, this is ideal as turning it about 90 degrees takes the paperwork in the right direction.