VWVW

Fair price or not ?

My sister has a toyota yaris T sport. She told me she had paid 180 pounds to have 2 rear springs supplied and fitted in Halfords. Sounds a bit on the expensive side to me. What do you guys think???

May have to pop down to halford to see them tomorrow about it.

It does sound expensive, but thats about the going rate at the mo!

Depends on cost of springs really. If you give me the number plate i can find the trade price on them for you.

my father in law was asked to pay 180 quid to have two rear springs supplied and replaced in kwik-fit about month ago. Did it to him myself. Springs were 40 quid each so the are asking 50 quid to replace one spring. It took me about one hour so they asking like a 100 quid for an hour job. Total rip off.

a rip off compared to doing it yourself but do you really think a high street mechanic like halfords/kwik fit is going to charge that work at any less than £100? I bet its cheaper than a dealer..

As already said, could do it much cheaper as a home mechanic, however I wouldn't say that was expensive to get someone else to do it. I would put money on Toyota charging double that. If you think VW parts are expensive, have a look at Jap stuff!

down in hants that about the going rate, most back st garages are at the 50-60 quid an hour plus vat rate, so a garage with bigger overheads and a marketing campaign that makes it the most obvious choice for the un mechanically minded, they can pretty much be the leaders with price, aslong as they under cut the stealerships even by a little

Cheers for the feedback guys...Looks like it is the going rate at the mo...Have checked with Kwik fit and they say it will be £200 pounds for a similar job.