skinnyman9000

Rear bumper removal

Are the 4 bolts reverse threaded? Or are they just a massive ballache to get off? All 4 aren't moving at all, and 1 is in danger of rounding off

Are the 4 bolts reverse threaded? Or are they just a massive ballache to get off? All 4 aren't moving at all, and 1 is in danger of rounding off

They're normal thread. Use a 5 sided socket and long pull bar. If that doesn't work use the Irwins as suggested.

Yup definitely normal thread - mine were difficult at first but some WD40 and a 17mm worked fine

Well these aren't moving for toffee! I'm gonna order a bolt grip socket set I think, handy to have anyway.

Although I'll be spending £15 on a tool to remove a part ive sold for £20, hmmmm.

mine were really stuck aswell , keep spraying the wd40 , with a bar on the socket to give you more leverage the nuts will give in sooner or later .

I've got 2 bolts off and snapped a 3rd, but the 4th won't have it. It feels like it's starting to snap like the 3rd, but it's starting to round off too. Irwin tool time?

Why not just drill the bolts out? Seen as you are breaking the car, you don't have to worry about extracting the remains of the bolts.