nommie

coolant flange

hi

The coolant flange on the side of my 2litre 8valve block has started to leak water. Is this an easy fix? and if so where is the best place to get the part? all help much appreciated.

Thanks

vw i'd say if they still do them, mines leaking too so i bought a eurocarparts one for my 1.8 16v and it's a simple reducer pipe (not bolted) you can get a 90* angled reducer, pipe connector and straight length hose from sfs hoses which will replace the parts nicely.

I'd definately get a genuine VW one. The GSF and similar don't seem to last too long before they are leaking again.

If they're both original I'd do the front one too while you have the coolant drained down, the one's I got from GSF seemed pretty good TBH and were only a few quid each including o-rings, you might find the front ones are only available with two sensor holes, so watch that, the corrado only has one sensor, I've a second unused sensor filling the other hole :)

If they're both original I'd do the front one too while you have the coolant drained down, the one's I got from GSF seemed pretty good TBH and were only a few quid each including o-rings, you might find the front ones are only available with two sensor holes, so watch that, the corrado only has one sensor, I've a second unused sensor filling the other hole :)

They should sell you a bung and extra O ring with it - on ETKA it's listed as 'also use...'

Had the same problem with my 2L 16V when I bought it,the flange had a crack all up the side off it.VW still have them,not too pricey either.

Hehe. Flange.

That was the only reason i read this thread, im disappointed now..................

They im sure will order the right parts, although VAG supply parts like that separately ..............