ger040

12v to fuel rail - g60

Hello - i have been trying to get my 92 g60 to run correctly - i changed the usual blue stat which made a big difference but another point is baffling me - i vave been told to check if there is 12volts across the fuel rail to which there is not. - does anyone know what causes this and how to cure it - thanks ger040

where are you checking the voltage at?If you didnt get 12v at the fuel rail your car wont run at all. Check the Ohms across the rail is the best method,I believe you should get around 12-16 ohms per injector.

Try look for the usual problems like vacum leaks,wiring breakages,ECU hose is one of the most important hoses, 1m long exactly and makes sure its in good condition.replace it if ends or anywhere feels soft,chances are the rubber is cracked internally.

Thanks for the reply dannyboy - i must be checking the voltage incorrectly - the electrical conns are well sealed - i have disconnected the brown and white connection blocks , turned the ignition on (did not start the engine ) set the multimeter to 20 volt setting and tried to take a reading through the block tterminals and all i got was 0.4?

What vacum leaks should i be looking for (what is the most common)

i checked the hose at the ecu and where it passes around the bulkhead sections are frayed but the rubber seems intact - i will order a new one at the week end)

many thanks