Alex_G60_Fanatic

G60 Radiator: Is this the right one?

when it said 8v/16v i thought i had struck gold..... Oh well, I'll have to save up then... the rad on Classic parts is not cheep (£267 + VAT)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

did i get the part number right? If i use 535121251B then i get 299euro, and with 535121251C i get 370euro....

when it said 8v/16v i thought i had struck gold..... Oh well, I'll have to save up then... the rad on Classic parts is not cheep (£267 + VAT)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

did i get the part number right? If i use 535121251B then i get 299euro, and with 535121251C i get 370euro....

The G60 rad is unique to the G60, the standard non-aircon one is part number 535 121 251 B and is 430mm in length (core size IIRC) the other part number you have quoted with the 'C' suffix is the G60 aircon radiator - this is the largest radiator you can fit into a Corrado at a whopping 675mm (core) this is also the reason it is another 71 Euros.

Annoyingly a quick search of the VW Heritage throws up this page: linky.

I am going to assume this is a VW classic parts supplied item which they sell in Germany for just under 300 Euros including VAT, however Herritage are charging £310.96 inc VAT, so once again the UK is getting fecked over by importers charging the same money in pounds as items sell for in Dollars or Euros - fantastic :(

Be cheaper to pay the rip off IBAN charges than buy it from Herritage - I really hope this is not going to be the same for the rest of the parts....

nope... i just purchased an early slam panel and radiator support panel. I think I'll look into getting my existing one refurbished, failing that Volks apart sell refurbished ones for £100.